Perc 5/i Help Please

JRW21

Gawd
I am setting up an array on my new perc 5/i and have run into a snag. I am using a 790i motherboard and windows vista 64bit. Also using the Dell firmware, older version.

I have built the array in the bios, no problems there. I then continue to load vista 64 bit. however, vist does not "see" my array. I attempted to load every driver I could find, non would work.

I then tried flashing the controller to the LSI 8480e firmware in windows using the command promt, just like MegaCli likes it :rolleyes:. After this attempt I get two errors:

Failed to get controllerld list.
Failed to get cpController object.

If anyone could help with these issues it would be great. I have just about given up on this controller so please help.

Hmmm, when I was first playing with my Perc 5i, I know it loaded with no additional drivers in Vista 64 with the Dell firmware and the LSI firmware.

I don't know of any way of clearing the bios settings like on a MOBO. About all you can do is attempt to reflash the firmware.

Searching your errors is not bringing up anything helpful.

Sorry, wish I had more answers for you.

Don

I attempted the flash just like the walkthrough over at overclockers forum showed when I received those failure messages. I have googled for two days trying to get a solution. :confused:

Back