people's memory timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often times see people with mempry timings in their sigs and then I look at the chipset you are running and well it makes me smile.

2-2-2-5 or whatever you like, you guys seem to love those low numbers for purpose of proving your e-penis is HUGE but you are likely loosing performance. Not a bunch but at least a little.
Try running that last number around 7 if you have an NF4 board and see if you dont get a little bump in performance.
Just because a memory can run at a certain speed doesnt mean that the chipset runs best at that speed too.

sorry its just a pet peave of mine

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mod Edit - Twig and Berries - you should have read the rules you agreed to when you registered, and maybe paid attention to, say, the first one on the list:
(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.
Comments like
Twig and Berries said:
....for purpose of proving your e-penis is HUGE....
Twig and Berries said:
omfg you think I pulled it out of my ass?
...are considered flamebait and won't be tolerated. Consider this strike one; three strikes and your membership dues are usually refunded.....permanantly.

Completely up to you; please think before you post, OK....??

Thanks - B.B.S.

yes i know it too....gotta remember to change my main rig when i get home...u said 7, but when i was doin testing, i noticed when it was around 11 or 12 or so it was better...my old mem ran @ like 2.5-3-3-8..new shit @ 2-2-2-5...should up that 5 to a 12 or 11 or 7 as u say.l..run some benchies...i know it works on NF2 chipsets as well...good to know

Twig and Berries said:
omfg you think I pulled it out of my ass?

I did and if you did some research you would know it too.

If you make a statement on [H], you should to provide some type of evidence or research backing it. Without it, you're just stating your personal opinion, and personal opinions mean nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back