People Trust The NSA More Than Google

Oh, this report has just got to be bullshit. No way are people comfortable being tracked by the Federal Government. No way! :rolleyes:

Well, I think that the difference is that this forum has a lot of like-minded people with respect to political views whereas the rest of the nation has a more diverse cross-section of opinions about things so if you're not taking the quieter majority into account or are just focusing on the societal sub-cultures that you're personally familiar with, you're going to be pretty surprised at how different things can be outside of those smaller groups.

If you are not scared by both then you are talking around the sand that your head is buried in.

I want a note 4 pretty badly, but I'm having trouble bringing myself to buy one because of Google being a skeezy company. Don't really want an iphone 6+, but that's what I'm likely to buy despite my desires.

So here I sit, not moving forward, not moving backward. I'm halfway considering ditching smart phones altogether, they are cool, but I don't really NEED one.

Hi, reality here with a friendly note that the list of things you're complaining about don't involve the NSA. Besides that, what makes any of those things somehow worse than what Google is doing or (even if they are worse in your world) why does it make Google's continued activity somehow okay? That's like saying that drinking bleach is just fine because it's not as fast at making you sick as drinking Red Bull.

Firstly I am not defending Google or their actions, I am simply pointing out that the government and it's various agencies has a long history of abusing their authority and the thought that the NSA, and those who control it, are above doing anything wrong is, at best, laughable.

Now if you think a company such as Google collecting your personal information and using it to try and sell you things as well as selling it to other companies is in any way as nefarious as a government and it's agencies abusing their positions to deny people their rights, using drugs and pathogens against citizens and foreigners, which in some cases lead to deaths, then you REALLY need to reevaluate your sense of right and wrong.

Again, I am not defending Google, but what they have done, and can do, pales in comparison to what the US government, has done, is doing and what they can do.

Back