People Separated From iPhones Suffer Psychological Effects

Replace 'iPhone' with 'smartphone' and you get a better picture of the situation.

Also, try the same with Facebook or any other type of social networking app and see what happens.

Researchers found a “significant increase in anxiety, heart rate and blood pressure levels” when they took away the participants iPhones while they were completing the puzzle.

My anxiety, heart rate, and/or blood pressure would rise too if some asshole touched my shit.

I'm sick of all these bullshit studies with obvious results that researchers initiate as an easy way to get their postgraduate degrees or whatever.

See, life isn't fair ... Pavlov experiments on dogs and they get tasty treats ... Apple and Google experiment on us and all we get are vibrating cell phones ... maybe I will live long enough to see the iphone 15 or Nexus 20 where they have a built in 3D printer that gives us a nice tasty donut when we engage in positive behaviors (like checking Facebook or clicking on the ad links :p ) :D

But..but.. I wanted a marshmallow! Hmm, 1 now or 2 later? ;)

I have an idea. Why don't we take away all communication from you as well as your tv and books then take away your job and family and friends and stick you in a small white box feeding you nutrition through a tube and have a brain thing attached to your head so if you feel happy or fun at all you'll get a shock or something so that way you won't have anything to get hooked to or addicted to so we won't have any of these dumb tests anymore. The dumb "phone" has more things in it then you have in your living room and trying to take all of that away from someone especially when they've had this element in their lives for years, they're not going to like it.

Is this the same kinda mental shit when they did a study 10 years ago about people having internet withdrawal symptons?

I left my iPhone in the garage the other night when I went to bed, went to plug it in to the charger but it wasn't in my pocket. I just left it down there till I got up the next day.
I did miss Siri though, I usually ask her the outside temp before I get out of bed so I can get an idea how cold the garage is, since I spend 10+ hours a day in there.

Also, if it is ringing and I don't feel like answering it, I don't. I'll call the person back later.
Same with txt messages, if I get one, I'll glance at it, if it's not important, I'll answer it later.

My girlfriend gets super pissy if I don't reply to her fast enough.

How is bladder control the phone's fault?

Point_over_your_head.jpg

My girlfriend gets super pissy if I don't reply to her fast enough.

Valid point, I wonder if the "researchers" actually did real human research when picking the individuals they wanted to do the experiments.
I guess what I am getting at is how do the "Researchers" know that the people being "studied" were not expecting a call from a hospital/child or potential place of employment? All of these factors among many more can affect the outcome of this type of experiment and give the illusion of false data.

What I really believe is that the study may be a few freshman "Researchers" trying to impress someone with half ass data.
Skeptical? Yes.

I remember doing "studies" like this in Psych classes. No matter how seriously anyone in the classes took their projects, the data was highly flawed.

I remember doing "studies" like this in Psych classes. No matter how seriously anyone in the classes took their projects, the data was highly flawed.

You can safely assume that any data that is is created, manipulated or involves "humans" that it will be flawed.

Hmmm,
What does that say about people like who take their cell phone and throw it against the wall.........?

Back