People Complain More Online

HardOCP News

[H] News
And the “no duh” study of the day came to the conclusion that consumers complain more online than they do offline. The study also found that close to half of the people surveyed agreed with the statement “Online socializing is for sad, antisocial types.”

“The more interactions happen online, with no direct offline contact, the more likely they are to tilt toward extreme behavior. It’s important to blend both online and offline elements,” according to the “Social Life and Social Media” white paper.

a lot of comments on youtube made to some bands are very sad and antisocial. and the 'normal' people give them lip. that's what i've noticed.

Now all we need is a gadget that punches people's faces through the internet so complaints will drop down to a reasonable level :)

This is such crap. I can't believe that people actually think that more people complain online! I want to file a formal... oh wait... Carry on.

there is a musician named stephen lynch, but we all know that the good ole steven lynch of [H]ardOCP is the better man.

And the “no duh” study of the day came to the conclusion that consumers complain more online than they do offline. The study also found that close to half of the people surveyed agreed with the statement “Online socializing is for sad, antisocial types

Actually I agree with the Online socializing statement.

I have a few social network accounts and recently I've added a slew of people for my reunion, if I knew them in school or I thought I did and they had a high number of related friends then I just added them. What has happened since then is that I've notice that people not only there but in most of my other accounts just do what they want to make themselves better. Its not about interaction its not about communication, its morea bout look at me, oh woe is me, or something like that.

My feet hurt. I'm tired. I don't feel good. So on and so forth.

This is such crap. I can't believe that people actually think that more people complain online! I want to file a formal... oh wait... Carry on.

Haha lol. A mask of (sudo) anonymity brings out the best in everyone, right?

Actually I agree with the Online socializing statement.

I have a few social network accounts and recently I've added a slew of people for my reunion, if I knew them in school or I thought I did and they had a high number of related friends then I just added them. What has happened since then is that I've notice that people not only there but in most of my other accounts just do what they want to make themselves better. Its not about interaction its not about communication, its morea bout look at me, oh woe is me, or something like that.

And that invites the Police types to exactly what those people are asking for: Look at Them!!!

PC load letter... wtf does that mean?

Oh sorry to repeat this but I just had to reply, I had no idea this was a real error:

"PC LOAD LETTER" is an error message encountered when printing on older HP LaserJet printers such as the LaserJet II, III, and 4 series. The error is always displayed fully capitalized.

The actual meaning of the message is convoluted: "PC" is a two-character status code that stands for "paper cassette",[1] the tray that holds blank paper for the printer to use. These two-character codes are a legacy feature carried over from the first LaserJet printers, which could only use a two-character display for all printer status and error messages.

"Load", in this context, is an instruction to refill the paper tray. "Letter" is the standard paper size used in the United States and Canada. Thus, the error is instructing the user to refill the letter paper tray. A variant is PC LOAD LEGAL, meaning that the printer requires legal size paper be loaded.

My observations, biased or not, have been that many people perceive internet interactions as "not counting" as interactions, so to speak. The same people would say those who spend much of their time on the internet or computer are weird, losers, whatever. However, it's once again these same people that are the least accepting when it comes to anything different than what they know (read: society has unknowingly forced down their throats). I've never had a problem myself, but a lot of people I talk to in college and high school fit this mould. Furthermore, people that have used the internet a great deal (read: not obsessively, intelligently) for long years, tend to be more cultured and accepting of thoughts other than their own.

I think people are more honest online where they can speak their mind without repercussions

And the “no duh” study of the day came to the conclusion that consumers complain more online than they do offline. The study also found that close to half of the people surveyed agreed with the statement “Online socializing is for sad, antisocial types

oh, quitcher' bitchin' ;)

If one more person ever uses the word antisocial when they really mean unsocial, I'll be tempted to bust out some serious antisocial behavior.

We call these people Internet tough guys. People don't have to provide proof that they are right when online. Since one person doesn't speak for the majority, companies have to wait until there are a lot of complaints about the same issue before correcting it.

Back