People complain about ghosting more than they should.1

kapkorn

Gawd
Because of all that whining about ghosting and how bad it is etc and how only a few LCDS dont ghost, I never bothered to get one.

Well i got this KDS 15"Rad 5 15" used for like $200, and i was just going to use it as a secondary monitor, well I have been playing games on it and I see no "ghosting" and it is a lot better then CRTs IMO.

I have tried

Need for Speed Underground
Counterstrike
Halo
Simpsons Hit and RUN
UT 2003
New Dues Ex
and Enemy Territory

I see no ghosting problems and this monitor only has a 25ms response time.

Now the CRT is my secondary for my TV Card etc and I am using this LCD for primary.

25ms isnt bad at all, alot of LCDs have 40ms response times.

I am flag you enjoy your monitor, not sure what the point of this post is though....do you want people to flame you?

The problem I have with people talking about ghosting, is you take any monitor, and you'll have people claiming that they see no ghosting at all, and people saying that the ghosting is too much for them (ie: Dell 2001fp).

You have to remember, not everyone sees things the same. Some people can see many more shades of color than other people. At the same time, some people can detect small movements better than other people.

Just because person A doesn't see any ghosting, doesn't mean at all that person B will not see any ghosting. And then there is the amount of ghosting involved.

Hardcore gamers will find that even a slight bit of ghosting that low response lcd's have still impacts their game to the point that it isn't worth it.

Originally posted by ullyeus

I am flag you enjoy your monitor, not sure what the point of this post is though....do you want people to flame you?

Im just saying it is overated and if anyone else is hesitating because of all the complaing about them, then they should relize that and not have it go against their choice.

Originally posted by kapkorn
Im just saying it is overated and if anyone else is hesitating because of all the complaing about them, then they should relize that and not have it go against their choice.

And I guess since you said there is no ghosting on your lcd and is therefore no ghosting on any lcd, we should all run out and buy lcds because they are just flawless.

As the guy said above, people see differently. Also people have different tastes. Personally I think a mustang is a piece of shit car, but I see plenty of people driving around in them. Also I think your a complete dipshit, but I bet your mom loves ya.

Originally posted by CyberCRAP
And I guess since you said there is no ghosting on your lcd and is therefore no ghosting on any lcd, we should all run out and buy lcds because they are just flawless.

As the guy said above, people see differently. Also people have different tastes. Personally I think a mustang is a piece of shit car, but I see plenty of people driving around in them. Also I think your a complete dipshit, but I bet your mom loves ya.

Youre missing the point AND putting words in my mouth. I said that ghosting isnt as big of a deal as most people make it out to be, I never said there was no ghosting on and LCD. What I was trying to get across was people that havent been looking into getting one because of these issues should not let all of the negative things stop them from trying it out.

Originally posted by ullyeus

haha...lol..*sigh...thats definately a true ullyeus quote...

Originally posted by kapkorn
Youre missing the point AND putting words in my mouth. I said that ghosting isnt as big of a deal as most people make it out to be, I never said there was no ghosting on and LCD. What I was trying to get across was people that havent been looking into getting one because of these issues should not let all of the negative things stop them from trying it out.

And you don't get sarcasm. I'll try to keep it dumbed down for you. Just because you picked up 1 lcd and the ghosting isn't noticable to YOU, doesn't mean shit. Plus the damn thing is 15in, gotta squint to see the damn screen anyhow.

Ghosting is cool. It makes me feel like there are phantoms in my computer.

kapcorn

I agree with what I think is the point you are trying to make. I know a lot of people put off buying an LCD because they heard about ghosting, Its not really well published, unless you go to a forum that ghosting is purely subjective. Of course advertisers are not eager to mention it. But even some Web reviews in the early days of LCD's just said there is ghosting but did not mention it was only visible with some eyeballs and may not be visible to others. I could kick myself in the ass for not buying an LCD sooner because I read everywhere that LCD's are no good for hardcore gamers. I just assumed it meant me too. Well I get one to find out its a bunch of crap to me when using my eyes. I have had a 25ms and now a 16ms and did not see it on either, in games, like Halo and Unreal. As a precaution I did buy from Dell because of return policy, in case I saw the DREADED ghosting :eek: I am sure for the people with fast eyes that can see it must really blow and its too bad. That must suck knowing others don't see it and are enjoying LCD's. But then again a good CRT is still cheaper!;)

Originally posted by Ramfart
kapcorn

I agree with what I think is the point you are trying to make. I know a lot of people put off buying an LCD because they heard about ghosting, Its not really well published, unless you go to a forum that ghosting is purely subjective. Of course advertisers are not eager to mention it. But even some Web reviews in the early days of LCD's just said there is ghosting but did not mention it was only visible with some eyeballs and may not be visible to others. I could kick myself in the ass for not buying an LCD sooner because I read everywhere that LCD's are no good for hardcore gamers. I just assumed it meant me too. Well I get one to find out its a bunch of crap to me when using my eyes. I have had a 25ms and now a 16ms and did not see it on either, in games, like Halo and Unreal. As a precaution I did buy from Dell because of return policy, in case I saw the DREADED ghosting :eek: I am sure for the people with fast eyes that can see it must really blow and its too bad. That must suck knowing others don't see it and are enjoying LCD's. But then again a good CRT is still cheaper!;)

Thank you someone that can take something for what it is, instead of trying to iterpret it into whatever they want.

I always thought i would see a lot of ghosting becasue im sensitive on my CRT and any refresh rate below 85 drives me nuts.

I've been toying with the fact of buying a good gaming 19" LCD. I had considered a 17" but i think i'd like it a wee bit bigger. The ones im looking at are 25ms. I'm not particularly interested in buying a Dell manufactered LCD but a NEC, Viewsonic, or Samsung instead. I realize different people see different things but will there really be much of a difference in the ghosting between 25ms and 16ms or is this just mainly hype and a few people that have eyes that refresh faster then the screen lol.

Originally posted by burningrave101
I've been toying with the fact of buying a good gaming 19" LCD. I had considered a 17" but i think i'd like it a wee bit bigger. The ones im looking at are 25ms. I'm not particularly interested in buying a Dell manufactered LCD but a NEC, Viewsonic, or Samsung instead. I realize different people see different things but will there really be much of a difference in the ghosting between 25ms and 16ms or is this just mainly hype and a few people that have eyes that refresh faster then the screen lol.

I think it depends on the person and monitor. Like the 1800FP has a 30MS but it is said to be one of the best non ghosting monitors.

Back