pentium3 mobo?

Chelica

2[H]4U
$46 bucks for a P3 board? Is that the going rate? Man, thought I was going to be spending around $20 for a Mobo, lol. Thinking so because I was able to snag this Abit IT7 Max 2 board for only $50, hmmm...

How about Cooling for it? Any aftermarket HSF combo or whatnot for the P3s?

If you can find one, and don't object to the Via Apollo Pro, the I have yet to encounter an AOpen AX33 Pro that won't do 150mhz FSB... This one has been in my main rig for years.

The Asus CUSL2 is probably the best socket370 board out there, though... If you can find it.

VIA C3M266-P3-Socket 370-DDR-LAN-Firewire-Audio-MicroATX

would this be one of the good overclocking mother boards?

Originally posted by mattsmall
VIA C3M266-P3-Socket 370-DDR-LAN-Firewire-Audio-MicroATX

would this be one of the good overclocking mother boards?

Did you know that board has no AGP slot? Onboard video only.

Abit BX-133 RAID (AGP2X, need to use RAID controller for better than ATA33), great friggin board with the best chipset ever.

Originally posted by TheAcorn
The Asus CUSL2 is probably the best socket370 board out there, though... If you can find it.
I agree, but unfortunatly I got its little sister. It was in a HP with a p!!! 900mhz. I bought the mobo and cpu from my brothers friends for 30 bucks and after i upgraded i made it my server. Right now it has 7 harddrives(305.35 gb), 1 cd/rw, and a zip drive. Stable as a rock. I kind of had to put two power supplies in...an hour later and some soldering: now both power supplies power up in unison. My only complaint is that i cant overclock...:(

wouldnt socket be better for overclocking?
every slot mobo iv had dosnt overclock.

and whats the best pentium3 chip set?

Originally posted by mattsmall
wouldnt socket be better for overclocking?
every slot mobo iv had dosnt overclock.

and whats the best pentium3 chip set?

I have a Asus P3B-F (slot 1) running a 1.4 Ghz Tualatin Celeron (256 KB L2 cache) in a slocket @ 1.68 Ghz w/512 MB Kingston PC100. Runs pretty good for what it is, and a 20% stable day in day out o/c.

I got a new biostar board to replace the one in my old sony machine. I had overy thing hooker up but then i hit a snag. The sony used some wierd connector with the wires for the power button and leds ect. So i had to take the wires out and then connect them to the new motherboard headers. I was doing this while everything was plugged in (not the greates idea) and as soon as that second power wire toched the header pin the system started up. I was a little surprised (considering i didnt even press the button), but then all of a sudden I noticed that a little metal thingy on the MB was getting hot really hot I mean red orange hot melting and smoking pcb HOT!!. I immediatley unplugged the system and now of course it wont boot. The dont know what the thing that melting was (it was a small rectanglular metal piec e about 1mm x 2mm). It was also on the opposite side of the motherboard as the power headers, so I dont think my jimmy riggin' cuased the problem. I also looked behind the MB to see if there was something that could have shorted it out, but i found nothing!!

Any suggestions on what could have happpend. I would post I pic but i dont know how, I tried the insert image button but I don't know what the hell it wants me to type, any way its 3 am so im gonna go to sleep.

Thx

i just went and got a DFI CA64-TC/TC REV.C, cant get the thing to turn on and the manual is ment for the REV.A but i got a REV.C and the power connecters arnt the same.

Back