Pentium III vs Celeron

is the cellery a 1gig A? as in based on the tualatin core, if so, i would go for that and overclock the crap out of it,, I had my cellery 1.1A overclocked the 1.5ghz. If not, go for the P3

If its a Tualatin Celeron, the Celeron will be much faster.

If its a Coppermine Celeron, then they will be close in performance. But the Pentium III will generally be faster.

I've always liked the Celeron line, I've had alot of them with generally good results.

Mendocino 433@590: It would easily smoke the then top of the line Katmai Pentium III 550.
Coppermine 600@1035: Was about as fast as a Coppermine Pentium III 900.
Coppermine 1100@1250: Was slightly faster than a Coppermine Pentium III 1000
Tualatin 1300@1600: Easily beat Northwood Pentium 4's in some benchmarks
Prescott 2400@4000: About as fast as a Northwood Pentium 4C at 3.0-3.2.

is the cellery a 1gig A? as in based on the tualatin core, if so, i would go for that and overclock the crap out of it,,

well, i would, but the thing is, i don't know to overclock, i think. i once tried, but i' don't know if that's the thing. when you start your computer, it reads: press DEL to enter the system. so i go there and i set the core frequency. but, i last gave it to the ''repair'' and the man put the password, so now i can't enter. is there any other way to OC my Celeron?

well, i would, but the thing is, i don't know to overclock, i think. i once tried, but i' don't know if that's the thing. when you start your computer, it reads: press DEL to enter the system. so i go there and i set the core frequency. but, i last gave it to the ''repair'' and the man put the password, so now i can't enter. is there any other way to OC my Celeron?
if you don't know how, take the time to read lots or dont bother. the PIII will do everything you need. you wont notice the difference. most here are enthusiats

G'ßöö;1030612913 said:
if you don't know how, take the time to read lots or dont bother. the PIII will do everything you need. you wont notice the difference. most here are enthusiats

where do i read that stuff?

well...hmmmm <scratches head> ...I think I'd start in say a ...forum.....about computer hardware and overclocking! =)

right here! tooooones of info on the subject, get poking around and looking. remembering that overclocking is for people who are really into things. most overclocks are marginal at best, although if done properly they "can" ...key word, CAN, give substantial gains.

how must are these CPU's? that may be the deciding factor, but they can't be too much or the whole rig for that matter.

g'luk

Back