Hiya folks,
I've always been an AMD person, so I've never really followed up on Intel offerings until Core2Duo and i7 came around. Now that I'm looking around for a new laptop, I'm seeing alot of low price laptops for around $400 but they all have a Pentium Dual Core processor, usually around 2.5ghz.
My sister in law's 14" Acer laptop has a Pentium Dual Core with 4gb of RAM and it's pretty snappy and quick.
Is there a difference between a Pentium Dual Core and a Core2Duo processor? Is it worth the bargain basement prices you find these laptops at?
I've always been an AMD person, so I've never really followed up on Intel offerings until Core2Duo and i7 came around. Now that I'm looking around for a new laptop, I'm seeing alot of low price laptops for around $400 but they all have a Pentium Dual Core processor, usually around 2.5ghz.
My sister in law's 14" Acer laptop has a Pentium Dual Core with 4gb of RAM and it's pretty snappy and quick.
Is there a difference between a Pentium Dual Core and a Core2Duo processor? Is it worth the bargain basement prices you find these laptops at?