Pentium D Temperatures

Stu55

[H]ard|Gawd
I helped my friend build his new rig and it has a Pentium D 950, and he is using a nforce 4 SLI intel edition motherboard, not sure which one, but in the software it shows his cpu running at about 19 +/- degrees celcius?! Is that right, he is using a thermalright xp-90 with a med speed panaflo fan in a chieftec dragon with a 120mm fan on top. That just seems really really low. I will have him check in the bios, I thought those were high temperature cpu's.

Those temps are definitely incorrect, try using Speedfan to monitor his temps and see if they look right. If he gets the same results, then the thermal diode isn't being read correctly.

try using core temp, its the most accurate temp monitor program ive used

what's the ambient temperature in the room. if the ambient temp is also low, there is a good probability of a low temp inside the case especially if he have a descent airflow.

rysher said:
what's the ambient temperature in the room. if the ambient temp is also low, there is a good probability of a low temp inside the case especially if he have a descent airflow.

About 22 degrees celcius in the room (72 F), but 19 degrees celcius for a cpu temp, thats obscene.

Make sure he has the latest Bios.

My 940 I installed on my ECS shown the same 19c and I was like WTH? The Bios said it can handle the cpu, but after updating the bios the temps were at 38c +/-(idle) and 45c+/- under heavy game loads. Which I think 38c +/- is normal for idle temp for the D Class cpus.

Back