• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pentium 630 from New Egg ?

Phantom_24

n00b
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
28
Just wanted to know if anyone purchased the 630 from NewEgg, and what type of stock heatsink it comes with (copper or aluminum)?
I got the 520 last year, and I total crank on the stock copper core that came with that one (2.8ghz running at 3.59ghz !)
I try and stick with default sinks if I can, and if I need to hunt for the copper, I was hoping NewEgg would have it....

Thanks!
 
I got mine from NewEgg. It is an aluminum with copper base and it is NOT good. I had to get an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro and now it runs at ~31C (full fan speed). With stock HS it was ~48C idling.

One more thing: Freezer 7's very low fan speed is detected as a fault by the BIOS when auto fan control mode is enabled (Asus P5LD2 Deluxe) and temperature goes up to 40+C. So, I am using full speed and no BIOS control.
 
vsrdan said:
I got mine from NewEgg. It is an aluminum with copper base and it is NOT good. I had to get an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro and now it runs at ~31C (full fan speed). With stock HS it was ~48C idling.

One more thing: Freezer 7's very low fan speed is detected as a fault by the BIOS when auto fan control mode is enabled (Asus P5LD2 Deluxe) and temperature goes up to 40+C. So, I am using full speed and no BIOS control.


my 630 came with the same thing, aluminum heatsync with copper base. Though my fan was fine, a little loud for my taste so i got a Zalman and everything is fine now. The stock is fine for most things unless you have a supper hot case!
 
Intel's stock heatsink fans have always been loud, i went with a arctic freezer too, hopefully i will be as pleased.
 
Should have lots of room, as I think I'm gonna grab another Antec full tower (TX1050B). It may be big and unwieldy, but has lots of room for heat disipation, and even has the 500watt PSU...

The ambient temp inside my last one never really gets above 75-80 degrees
 
Back
Top