Pentium 4 willy

mc_P

Limp Gawd
I was just wondering will ddr400 and above work with a 1.6ghz pentium 4 willamette core????

Yes it will. but if your board is only rated to run DDR2700 or 2100 like most old willy boards were? then it will just run at the max Rated speed of your board ;)

I was thinking of getting a new board and ram. I read that the p4p800 deluxe supports willamette cpus. So if i were to get that board and some ddr400 or faster ram it'd be all kool and nothing would go wrong?

mc_P said:
I was thinking of getting a new board and ram. I read that the p4p800 deluxe supports willamette cpus. So if i were to get that board and some ddr400 or faster ram it'd be all kool and nothing would go wrong?
If you're going to buy a new mobo and RAM, I suggest getting a new proc as well because that willy will be a HUGE bottleneck.

jagec said:
If you're going to buy a new mobo and RAM, I suggest getting a new proc as well because that willy will be a HUGE bottleneck.

You're right but I do think the P4P800 is a better board for it than an 845PE board, if only for upgradability and the ability to run dual channel

of course i will be bying a new cpu this is just for the time being untill i can afford a new cpu

so a p4p800 deluxe and some pc3500 or 4000 ram would be fine for my cpu? i'll b getting a 2.4a soon afterwards but this is just for the time being

Back