• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Pentium 4 2.8 c idle temp?

dsc220

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2002
Messages
179
I know that there are lots of am I hot threads or whatever, but I am just asking what is the average idle temp of the p4 2.8c. I stuck a temperature sensor between the hsf and the chip if that means anything

I have a pentium 4 2.8c on the cooler master aero 4 cooler and I am getting temps of 45.5 c. Is it normal for this chip to run this hot while idle? I recall my 2.4b ran 32 c idle.
 
way too hot. reinstall the thermal paste and the HSF.

I have a 2.8C running at 3500 with a Vantec aeroflow and it idles 27-30 C depending on ambient temps.
 
Is the heatsink warm to the touch? Could be your motherboard reading temps too high, like the Abit boards, or you need to reseat and repaste the heatsink for better heat transfer.
 
on my external temperature gauge it says that my cpu is running at 65 f so that is like 18 c, is that possible?
 
Back
Top