• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pentium 233mmx system wanted

I actually have a Packard Bell system from the early to mid 90's that I believe is a Pent 233. I will have to check for sure but it seems it is.
Hmm, man just can't remember to be honest. It was either a 233 or a 133. :p

Dark now, and no lights in my storage unit out back, but I can check tomorrow and make sure it fires up. I think it has a 430mb hard drive and 32mb ram.

Bhahaha, I remember paying almost $300 for the ram!!! I purchased the system brand new. I think it was 95 as it came stock with Win 95 installed. As soon as I got it I reformatted and installed 3.11.:p

Anyhow, if your interested I will go grab it and make sure it still boots. Hell, it still has 3.11 I believe. I might have ended up putting 98 on it. Can't remember for sure........Imagine that hahaha.
 
Shipping costs will probably be prohibitive. I would check your local Craigslist and maybe make a post.
 
I think I have something that should work for you unless you need something very specific.

Pictures

I have a Pentium 233MHz MMX w/ Asus TX98-XV motherboard and 1 stick of 32MB PC100 RAM.

ATX motherboard
2 Memory 168-pin DIMM slots
3 PCI slots
2 ISA slots
2 USB ports
Onboard ATI video card of some sort, but you can install a PCI video card.

It came out of an old HP desktop and has an HP splash screen that you can disable. Though the heatsink is large I recommend having something blowing some air across it. The original HP case had a fan shroud over it. I have an I/O backplate for it too. I still have a Creative Soundblaster Live! sound card if you need one.

I used to have a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI on this guy and ran Windows 98 and plenty of old games.

I also have a Pentium 233MHz w/MMX laptop w/ 256MB RAM and I think an 18GB HDD. It's an IBM Thinkpad 390. Let me know if you're interested in it.
 
Back
Top