Penryns hitting retail in a few hours?

If you are not a cheap ass and can easily afford these high priced parts then why are you complaining? If you want to get technical computer prices are lower than ever and you can certainly get more for your money than ever before. Anyone denying that is a fool.

It used to be that you couldn't even buy a computer for less than $2,000. Now you can get them starting at $299 or so. You can get a decent Dell for office work for $400 with a monitor these days. Hell even laptops are getting cheap. In the late 90's you could not purchase a new laptop for less than $1,200 or so. Gaming computers in the late 90's and prior to around 2003 used to cost around $1,500-$2,500 as I recall. It was much more difficult to build a budget gaming rig than it is now. Today you can actually do it for less than $1,000. You can get a damn nice system for $1,500 and a mega power house for around $2,000. I really don't see any reason for people to be shocked by these prices. The difference is hard drives and memory are cheap, and motherboards, video cards and power supplies seem to take up more of the cost than ever before. CPUs do get expensive, but that's not anything new. They've always been expensive. The difference is now you can actually buy a Intel processor for less than $200 that actually performs great. It used to be that if you didn't have a few hundred bucks in your wallet you were walking out of the store with a Cyrix or AMD processor that was a shit performer and had compatibility problems with alot of software on the market. Today that simply isn't the case. So really the costs have dropped overall but the parts that cost the most have changed and the ones that used to cost a fortune no longer do.

If you don't want to spend $1,000+ on a CPU then don't. No one said you had to buy it and we all know that you can reach the same levels of performance from a lower end processor by overclocking. Hell in case you haven't noticed the processor doesn't even matter that much in a gaming computer. A E6600 performs the same as a X6800 and a QX6850 in games. That's because most games are GPU bound and not CPU bound. The higher end processors are only really needed for video encoding, 3D animation applications and anything involving serious number crunching. (Excel doesn't count BTW.) So stop your whining, you've really got no reason to complain about computer part prices unless your 35 year old virgin living in your mom's basement making $6.50 an hour at Taco Bell and you just can't afford these parts because you aren't motivated enough to do something with your life to break the viscious cycle that confines you to a life of financial misery.

If that's not the case, then please stop. You aren't convincing anyone that your point is valid nor are you contributing anything constructive to the thread. There should be more information about Penryns and Intel processors in general in this thread and less of your bitching.

my friend... i'm 22 and what i make an hour is what your dad makes a month...my donations every month is more than what you and your father make together a month...
you guys can keep bitching at me... but the fact is that not because you have a lot of money means that you will go out and spend $1000+ on 1 single processor that will be old tech after 1 year tops...
that's my whole point, those things are expensive. thats it.

my friend... i'm 22 and what i make an hour is what your dad makes a month...my donations every month is more than what you and your father make together a month...
you guys can keep bitching at me... but the fact is that not because you have a lot of money means that you will go out and spend $1000+ on 1 single processor.

to each their own, what people spend their money on is their choice.
and Intel never forced anyone to buy the QX series chips, they always made available lower chips like the Q6600, or even better. an E6300, there are many choices out there, since you're so worried about everyone having to spend their $$ on $1000 cpus why dont you buy us some since your so well off :)

you guys can keep bitching at me... but the fact is that not because you have a lot of money means that you will go out and spend $1000+ on 1 single processor that will be old tech after 1 year tops...
Just because you supposivly, without any proof, make "so much money", doesn't mean you're not a cheap ass. You're still a cheap ass "my friend".
Go get your rocks off somewhere else. I think it's safe to say your "addition" (subtraction, rather) from this thread is not welcome.

omg, why can EVERYONE say what they think about something, but as soon as someone else (like me) says that its a lot or so people turn on me ...
it would be the same as having a soccer team, 10 people thinking that a player is GOOD but 1 person says that he isn't good... now all 10 go bitch at him because of his thoughts...

the point is that every one has their own thoughts, and since its a free country, i can say whatever i want to say,there's no need to bitch at me, especially if I think that a cpu is expensive...

all this for a CPU?

omg, why can EVERYONE say what they think about something, but as soon as someone else (like me) says that its a lot or so people turn on me ...
it would be the same as having a soccer team, 10 people thinking that a player is GOOD but 1 person says that he isn't good... now all 10 go bitch at him because of his thoughts...

the point is that every one has their own thoughts, and since its a free country, i can say whatever i want to say,there's no need to bitch at me, especially if I think that a cpu is expensive...

whats a cpu? you think a cpu is the priorty in life? ahh come on... anyways

nobody is bitching at you for yoru view that a cpu is expensive, I'm 99% sure everyone can agree that $1k is expensive, it's your ranting on and on about how this is unjust and unfair, because its not, you're given a choice in cpu and its not being forced on you,early adopters and people who buy bleeding edge will always pay a price premium for everything,

QX6800 to a Q6600 had a $500+ price diff, you can get a good QC chip without paying out of your ass, that right there is why people are bitching at you =p

and just for the record 10 years ago a P2 400 was ~$1k 4% per year inflation... welll you'd pay $1480 so now cpus are about $480 cheaper on the high end then 10 years ago :p!

I want proof of your richness.

proof? how do I proof it? why shall I proof it?

The only one i have to proof to is to God, and he knows that I'm doing good.

proving something to you is nothing, you're nothing to prove to.. I won't gain a thing after proving anything to you..so there's no point.
besides,i don't care what you guys think about me as long as i'm happy with myself and my achievements.

so get back on the topic..try to figure out when Penryn will hit Newegg ...just chill... and bye bye

Is that so..... And all that complaining about a measly 1000.00 processor :(:(

First of all, how the hell do you know what everyone makes? Apparently you're psychic, maybe thats how you make so much money.

Second of all, you say you make millions and millions and millions of dollars a year, yet you're in here pitching a fit about the price of CPUs? You're in here telling someone he's crazy for spending 400 bucks on a PC case/PSU and that you wish you had that money to build an entire system? You're a computer enthusiast but you wont allow yourself to spend more than 60 or 70 bucks here on there on your PC, which appears to be an old pile of shit? Are you kidding? If all that is actually true (And I'd give about a trillion to one odds that it isn't) then it makes you MORE pathetic, not less.

Someone that makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a week, but wont spend more than 70 bucks fixing up their ratty old computer, when they're a computer enthusiast? That isn't just being a cheap ass, that's into serious mental illness territory. Seek help.

Post something expensive that you own like a house or car that only someone like you would be able to afford.
Any "proof" that he could give you can easily be faked with 10 minutes of google.
It's good to see my theory of generally, the more money you have, the more of an asshole you are (or become).
Thus far, I only know of one exception to this rule. And the people I'm generally forced to be around make more money in a day than I do all year.

i never said that i'm a computer enthusiast ?

ok now you're starting to make up stuff..

It's because we hate you, really.
Well, hate's too strong of a word. Strongly dislike? Yeah.

You're on a computer enthusiast site, posting on their forum. It comes with the assumption that you would be an enthusiast to be here. However, you never cease to amaze.
It's like me going and posting on an import car forum. I hate the things, why would I do that?

:rolleyes:

(I really, really wish my ignore list would work. I'm going to get myself in trouble)

Proof 1: You're on a computer enthusiast website

Proof 2: You talk about getting the upgrade "bug"

Proof 3: You build your own PCs, or at least want to.

You're an enthusiast. Or at least a wannabe enthusiast, which is even worse.

PC enthusiast millionaires do not, as a rule, make endless threads asking about low end processors like 4200+ and low end GPUs like 6800vs and 6600GTs, and whether or not all of it will be able to play CSS at a sufficient frame rate. If you're a PC enthusiast millionaire (and your assertions about your income insist that you're not an ordinary run of the mill millionaire that has 5 mill in the bank, your assertions insist that you make 10 or 20 million PER YEAR) and you can't be forced to part with a grand or two once every 2 years to buy a PC that doesn't suck, then there is seriously something wrong with you.

You're either a liar, or you're mentally ill. Take your pick. I know which one I'm going with.

Isn't there a thread in your history where you talk about wanting to build a cheap PC and resell it for a profit? The 20 mill a year income isn't enough, you gotta augment it with 50 bucks from selling a 600 dollar PC every now and then? Sorry junior, your post history doesn't equal 22 year old multi millionaire, it equals broke 15 year old.

Lets look at your posts.

my current main elite rig:

AMD 64 3000+ Venice @ 2.61 Ghz
Corsair 2x 512mb = 1 Gig of PC3200XL (they don't even sell these anymore)
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Sli-D mobo
Asus Geforce...

Thats a little crap for a millionairre.

I wish i had that $400 right now to build a full system

Shot yourself in the foot there didn't you?

besides, this is my budget.. a max of around 286$ for cpu,mobo,ram ..

Small for someone with your money.
are you crazy? or r u just shitting money?

Rich people tend to spend money on things they don't need. Something you aren't doing.

my friend... i'm 22 and what i make an hour is what your dad makes a month...my donations every month is more than what you and your father make together a month....

Bahahahaa... your so FOS. Thanks for a quick laugh at work. Your so busted. ;)

I stand by the profile i posted earlier in the thread. Oh by the way , pubecent males add an average of 7 years to thier age when lieing about it. 22 to a 15 year old is God since , in thier perception 22 year olds get laid at will .

Wasted a few minutes of my life reading this babble. What a useless thread, someone please shoot it so we can get back to discussing "nerd" stuff.

Lets look at your posts.

Thats a little crap for a millionairre.

Shot yourself in the foot there didn't you?

Small for someone with your money.

Rich people tend to spend money on things they don't need. Something you aren't doing.

Bravo! :D

I love this thread Entertainment for my Friday! woohoo

You know who probably makes more money in a day that most of us on the site do all year? Kyle, that's who. It is also probably why he has no patience for these petty little deals that veer so far off course. If you can afford it, buy it. If not, do not criticize those who do. It is an enthusiast processor targeted at those of us with our priorities a little screwed up with technology. It's just a hobby and those can be expensive. This just proves the price we are willing to pay for a few extra FPS. :)

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better....this thread continues to deliver..:)

Dammit I said NO pickles on my burger and you for got to supersize my fries dammit. Now grab that broom and get back to work.

Thanks for contributing. :rolleyes:

If you want to hear some guy babble on about how much money he makes, instead of staying on topic, then I'm sorry I asked people to return to the topic at hand. I personally don't like that sort of thing on a hardware site.

Oh boy!
I don't what I was expecting from this thread when I posted but it was most definitely not this.

Move to lock the thread (and if necessary delete it too).

You have no idea what I make in a month, and you sure as hell have no idea what my father makes in a month. You need to stop the trolling now. You also need to lay off the personal attacks Mr. Internet Badass. :rolleyes:

No one cares if you think a CPU is expensive. The comments that have stirred up the hornets nest have to do with your bullshit opinion that you are forced to buy these things if you want decent performance. I've already attempted to educate you with facts that this is not so. If you can't grasp that I'm sorry. There is nothing more to be said to you. If you want to be a cheap bastard well that's fine by me, but you don't need to push your views on us coupled with personal attacks.

Arguing over the internet is like competing in the special Olympics. No matter who wins you're all still retarded. Anyways back what I was asking since they will be 45nm chips does that mean it will consume less power and be able to OC it with a less powerfull psu?

Arguing over the internet is like competing in the special Olympics. No matter who wins you're all still retarded. Anyways back what I was asking since they will be 45nm chips does that mean it will consume less power and be able to OC it with a less powerfull psu?

Eric Cartman competed in the Special Olympics, and he is certainly not retarded.

In regards to the 45nm chips, your thoughts are spot on with what a lot of us are hoping them to be. Time will tell!

(Although I doubt the PSU impact will be noticeable)

I saw this thread and jumped to page 6 expecting some info about Penryn. Nothing really here about that, but nevertheless it did not disappoint! :)

a nice computer that could handle stuff well, would be almost a month's salery for MOST people.

so what is this? only RICH people that can afford $2,500 or so every 5 month are allowed to ENJOY this?
why make a game like crysis that demands SO much? just to make people go out and buy more hardware?
the game could be as good,as fun but with less demand.

this is definately BS ...

Well I think that's why everyone overclocks. We buy the cheaper stuff and run it like it's the "month's salery" hardware ;)

I think they make games like crysis so demanding so that they will still look good in two years.

Instead of feeling angry that the qx9650 is too expensive, why not just look forward to buying a processor in january for 1/3 as much and overclocking it, like everyone else? Personally, I'm waiting for nehalem :p

Everyone needs to shut the hell up about how much money they make every month. Holy christ. This is turning into a pising match of epic proportions.

Yes, the CPU is expensive vict0r, but it's not a scam lead by the semiconductor industry, making us thing we need to drop a grand on a CPU. It's a FLAGSHIP PRODUCT. It's not MEANT TO BRING IN THE CASH. It's for the reviewers, the undereducated, those that wanna "nah nah nah" at other people, those that need the absolute best, and to showcase what the rest of the product line has to offer.

It's the same thing as that 107" plasma TV screen. Give it 3 months, and retail chips costing 200$ will come out, same technologly, just binned a bit lower.

Goddamn.

Everyone needs to shut the hell up about how much money they make every month. Holy christ. This is turning into a pising match of epic proportions.

You're just mad because I make more in a second than your dad will make in his entire lifetime.

Back