• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pending and Uncorrectable sectors

Zheitk

n00b
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
1
Via some smart tools, my hard drive report 6 Pending sectors and 6 uncorrectable sectors, in the past it has shown others 3 pending sectors that where later readed successfully, but now not. My HDD is a seagate momentus drive.
I think the best is to just get another drive, but for now I can't buy one (In mexico they cost as much as a week of work t_t) so for now, I want to try to repair those sectors and identify wich files were affected (hopefully I have backups of some critical documents).
my doubts are:
° Wich software is best to do this? (Seatools, chdsk, etc)
° Do those softwares show a log of the sectors or files that where affected?

My priorities are therefore to identify which files were affected to replace them and then to repair bad sectors on the disk, while I can afford a new disk.
 
chkdsk /f

If possible backup or do a sector-by-sector image of drive first. If chkdsk doesnt correct the problem there is more sophisticated software, but it is pricey, and costs more than a new drive.
 
Back
Top