peltier = proc cooler?

Thermite Paste

Supreme [H]ardness
i just saw one for sale in a magazine and i was wondering if a peltier junction would make a good processor cooler.

The trouble with peltiers is that not only do you have to 80 watts of heat off the CPU to cope with. You also have the 225 watts off the peltier.
So the only cooling system that can really cope well with that type of heat is good watercooling.
You would be much better off going phase change.

Luck....... :D

tiger wth

people do pelts all the time, most of the time with a watercooling system, because that is a lot of heat to dissapate. the BIGGEST problem (cooling is NOT a problem, its just a simple WC system) is power, you need a dedicated PSU for em in nearly all cases, since they suck up so much. that and condensation, but thats easily taken care of with dielectric grease and neoprene

If you take your time condensation is no problem. The problem is being able to handle the 350+ watts of heat and the amount of power it sucks is killer.

or where the h377 ur going to put the second psu.... not many mid or full size towers accept a second psu with out alot of moding and enginering

Well, the other PSU doesn't have to be inside the case. you could just put it outside somehwere, with a wire going inside.

Longer leads (wires) will hurt the voltage and possibley cause earlier failure.

So, you're going to move and live right next to a powerplant, then? Think of all those millivolts they are cheating you from!

Wires do inherently have some resistance, and yes, some power is lost due to this resistance. However, this is approaching off-topic conversation, so let's quit with it while we're still ahead.

M4d-K10wN said:
So, you're going to move and live right next to a powerplant, then? Think of all those millivolts they are cheating you from!

At high current, it's a fsck of a lot more than milliamps, dumbass.

Try it some time. See how poorly a pelt behaves with six inch thin wires as opposed to 12 guage attached right at the terminals.

mwarps said:
At high current, it's a fsck of a lot more than milliamps, dumbass.

Try it some time. See how poorly a pelt behaves with six inch thin wires as opposed to 12 guage attached right at the terminals.

No flaming.
Strike 2 for this thread.
Let's keep it clean and relevant, people.

it was more of an idea than a project, because the peltier i saw was $30, and much cheaper than water cooling. i barely have $30 currently, so its not goint to happen anytime soon if it does at all :D

Eeek! I have to leave the country!
Erm... What I meant was... that... um, oh, yeah! I don't think peliters are a good idea because they're black. That's right... ;)

Back