Pease help with my PC

mihai17xxy

n00b
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and quite new to PC biding too. The thing is that I have an progcesor and I am not shore how to use it :). here it is what I am thinking:
-Procesor Intel Xeon X5675 12M Cache 3.06 GHz 6.40-GTs Intel QPI
-I have no heat sink so I accept any sugestions
-MB ASUS MB Intel Socket 1366 model P6X58-E WS
-Video ASUS Graphics Cards HD7850 DC2 T 2GD5 V2
-RAM (I whant to add 8Gb X 6 but the MB specifics says that it dosent suport tho the procesor suports so I need help BIG here pls.) if not 4Gb x6 will do :D (dont know wich brand) but some ECC
-HDD I have anather friend with an SSD 80G dont know the brand
-PSU one with power I wase thinking arownd 1000W
-CASE no Ideea :)
-DVD-RW I dont realy need atm.

Thank you for any help and sorry for speling mistakes :)

Last edited:
I would suggest selling that CPU and buying a consumer 1155 or 2011 model instead.

thx (is a 2011 q1 model ;) )
I see no motive not to use it :( :
-Intel® Smart Cache 12 MB
-# of Cores 6
-# of Threads 12
-Max Memory Bandwidth 32 GB/s
-Lithography 32 nm
-Launch Date Q1'11

+Recommended Customer Price
TRAY: $1440.00
BOX : $1443.00
-selling it goes to 500$ if I am lucky :)

I am well aware that will be hard (at least for me) to use it proper, but I whant to do this.
Thx for the sugestion :)

Last edited:
I would suggest selling that CPU and buying a consumer 1155 or 2011 model instead.

+1.
If you have to buy everything anyways, you might as well start with a better platform.

You could get a i7-3930K for the price of selling this one if it goes for 500 if you need 6 cores and 12 threads.

Not sure why you asking in Multiprocessing section of the forum when you building a single socket system.

You have a server CPU and you want to run it in X58 motherboard? Not sure its a smart move.

What are you building this system for? Sorry, I don't get it.

BTW....welcome to H forum:)

:) thx DualAmdMp,
I whasent shore where to ask, so I searched the forrum a litle and here is where I ended :( sorry if I am wrong. I have that Proc and I whant to use it :) if the MB is bad I can go for Z8NAD6C or Z8NAD6 but since I have only one I founded X58 MB a good deal , I am trying to bild a small server for files , ocasionaly gaming too and some CAD programing.
Thx agein for the wellcome :)

Last edited:
If u don't mind to buy used part, u can get a combo 3930k and a motherboard on eBay for around $600

What are you going to be using the system for?
edit: answered File server, CAD programming and some gaming...

new question... What ratio between those tasks, how serious of a file server, and is CAD programming (automating CAD design work) any more compute intensive than regular CAD?

I won't advise towards multi or single socket till we know that answer.
However I am thinking you would still be fine with a single socket 2011 at this point.

Also, not extremely important... but I am curious... is English your first language?

After you decide what you want/need
I suggest you hop into forums fs/ft sections... regular and the dc sections fs/ft lots of multiproc systems for sale in there.

Also newegg has a 2011 2p board open box for like $260 right now... grab a 2011 octo and slap er in... add a second in a few years if you want more ooomph.
I would not in good conscience recommend a dead platform like 1366 unless the price was crazy good.

You have a server CPU and you want to run it in X58 motherboard? Not sure its a smart move.
It is rather common and works just fine... its a cheap way to get a hex on the desktop side. ...besides the fact that the desktop chips are just Xeons with 1 QPI link and the chipsets are practically identical for the most part.

I am running an E5-2680 quite happily in my 1p biostar desktop.

Last edited:
English is not my first language and I know I suck at it :( .

I want to use it for picrures , music and some films (storage and Networking sharing) no industrial use :) , CAD programing is LOW to the noob side I am using FreeCAD just learning :)

I want to use this Procesor that's why I wase asking if the parts go together, and some help with the parts that I miss.

Thx

I would second the notion of going with the 3930k and motherboard combo. Fantastic CPU for the price and very easy to OC. Just using "default" OC settings on several boards puts it to 4.1-4.3.

I would second the notion of going with the 3930k and motherboard combo. Fantastic CPU for the price and very easy to OC. Just using "default" OC settings on several boards puts it to 4.1-4.3.

given that he is new to pc building....

I suggest grabbing a 1p 2011 board and an 8core xeon and not worrying about the rest.

As a newcomer you probably shouldn't start with a 2p setup ....specially using that board.
Server boards are less user friendly and expect you to know your shit.

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and quite new to PC biding too. The thing is that I have an progcesor and I am not shore how to use it :). here it is what I am thinking:
-Procesor Intel Xeon X5675 12M Cache 3.06 GHz 6.40-GTs Intel QPI
-I have no heat sink so I accept any sugestions
-MB ASUS MB Intel Socket 1366 model P6X58-E WS
-Video ASUS Graphics Cards HD7850 DC2 T 2GD5 V2
-RAM (I whant to add 8Gb X 6 but the MB specifics says that it dosent suport tho the procesor suports so I need help BIG here pls.) if not 4Gb x6 will do :D (dont know wich brand) but some ECC
-HDD I have anather friend with an SSD 80G dont know the brand
-PSU one with power I wase thinking arownd 1000W
-CASE no Ideea :)
-DVD-RW I dont realy need atm.

Thank you for any help and sorry for speling mistakes :)

Given that the motherboard is a second generation Socket 1366 MB and the processor specs say "Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 288 GB" I would say based on my own experience with the second generation 1366 board such as the MSI Big Bang and the Asus Rampage III Formula that your board should support up to 48GB with 6 sticks of 8GB. Especially with the most current BIOS update which you may need because the original BIOS may limit you the 24GB.

Back