PDXLan 5 Case Mods (56k+Ram Warning)

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
Here are some case mods at PDXLan 5.
The winners of the Custom case mods were the Nintendo NES, Car Muffler and
the Ammo Box.

And the Danger Den wooden cases are set to be available to the public in a few
weeks and starting around $800.00 (you would also be able to choose your own woods)

(much love for: Image Resizer PowerToy, WS_FTP DirInfo button, A+ File Renamer)

pdxlan5.casemod.001.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.002.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.003.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.004.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.005.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.006.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.007.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.008.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.009.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.010.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.011.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.013.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.014.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.015.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.016.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.017.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.018.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.019.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.020.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.021.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.022.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.023.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.024.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.025.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.026.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.027.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.028.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.029.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.030.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.031.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.032.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.033.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.034.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.035.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.036.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.037.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.039.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.040.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.041.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.042.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.043.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.044.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.048.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.049.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.050.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.051.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.052.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.053.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.054.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.055.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.056.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.057.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.058.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.059.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.060.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.061.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.062.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.063.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.064.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.065.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.066.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.067.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.069.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.070.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.071.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.072.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.073.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.074.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.076.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.077.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.078.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.079.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.080.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.081.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.082.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.083.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.084.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.086.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.088.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.090.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.091.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.092.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.093.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.095.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.097.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.099.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.100.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.101.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.102.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.103.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.105.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.107.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.108.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.109.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.110.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.111.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.112.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.113.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.114.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.115.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.116.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.117.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.118.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.119.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.120.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.121.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.122.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.123.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.124.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.126.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.127.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.128.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.129.jpg

pdxlan5.casemod.130.jpg

Some pretty nice things there, but lol @ the premods like the raidmax and the asus vento, and lol @ "FLOPPIES ARE OBSO1337"

And to think, the batman begins case was supposed to be there. :( You'd think i'd be able to make it to the only local big lan event of the year but nooooo.

What were the prizes?

pdxlan5.casemod.019.jpg

NOW WTF IS THIS?? Failure!! "F"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks like the freaking Sears Tower after a cat got in a fight with a giant ball of string!

LOL! I think the guy with the glowing tower initially only had 4 cathodes in his computer and he decided as the LAN went on to buy more and more cathodes from MountainMod's booth and made a goofy lookin glowing spire.

I'm suprised someone actually took a picture of my WaveMaster case. It really sucked sitting all by myself through out the LAN. Makes me wonder WTF happened to all the other people who were supposed to sit in the seats that were next to me.
Note to PDXLAN admin....please do not place servers in people's paid for seats. When I showed up the network server was sitting in my space. The admins were kind enough to scoot it over one seat to an empty spot.

sweet mods and pics, how do you like that a80 camera? i was thinking about upgrading from my a60 to either the a80 or the a95

autobot said:
LOL! I think the guy with the glowing tower initially only had 4 cathodes in his computer and he decided as the LAN went on to buy more and more cathodes from MountainMod's booth and made a goofy lookin glowing spire.

I'm suprised someone actually took a picture of my WaveMaster case. It really sucked sitting all by myself through out the LAN. Makes me wonder WTF happened to all the other people who were supposed to sit in the seats that were next to me.
Note to PDXLAN admin....please do not place servers in people's paid for seats. When I showed up the network server was sitting in my space. The admins were kind enough to scoot it over one seat to an empty spot.

Next time just kick it to the floor .....no harm no foul. :D

I'm still sad cuz I didn't make it but the prizes weren't all that hot either.

Maybe it's because I'm a neat freak, but why would you go to a major LAN event and NOT clean your system? There was more dust in some of those cases than under my office desk that hasn't moved in four years!!! I get anal when there's a thin film on the bottom of my computer and flip out when I can't see the fan blade edges clearly; maybe because I have a window..... Then again, that Tt fan hacked into the side doesn't really scream, "I care about my computer!" </rant> :D

Dang no pictures of my computer, oh well. The computer in the muffler was amazing. I think it opened using a keyless car door thing. Either way its was extremely well done. I also thought that the one with the fish tank was funny. What a pain it must be to take to LAN parties.

Is it just me, or are most of those cases ugly as sin? To me, all of those are basically computer equivalents of "rice" on cars. What ever happened to clean sleek cases like CM ATCS and such?

vapb400 said:
http://www.glencastillo.com/tmc/pdxlan5/pdxlan5.casemod.102.jpg Anybody know how they removed the coolermaster logos...and what handles those are?

Thanks

I removed the lettering on the front of the case by lightly wet-sanding the surface with 2000 grit sandpaper. The handles were bought at home depot for about $7 a pair. If you plan on using the sames handles as I did, use a washer on the inside of the case as the small screw head will end out making bulges in the metal where the screw threads into the rods.

The stock Dell was my fav tho.. That should have won. Just because someone showed up with it.

compslckr said:
how do you like that a80 camera?

The swivle screen is what makes it teh winnar. I'm able to get differrent angles and frame the
picture as I want it.

Well those are some nice mods. At quakecon, the austinmodders.com group had the best mods. I believe they took 1st, and 2 tied for 4th. Though the teddy bear case should have been higher.

Here was first

Quakecon2005_61.sized.jpg

And if you look in the back of the pic on the left you will see Zapwizard who won the techtv mod contest back when it was a good television station.

Treyshadow said:
And if you look in the back of the pic on the left you will see Zapwizard who won the techtv mod contest back when it was a good television station.

Totally agree with you there, on the now "G4tv" crap compared to the old, good stuff (Pat and Leo TSS, anyone :) )

Though, I really like that human mod, especially the monitor in the left chest. Though, I do think he needs a skullcap :)

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing them :cool:

Treyshadow said:
Well those are some nice mods. At quakecon, the austinmodders.com group had the best mods. I believe they took 1st, and 2 tied for 4th. Though the teddy bear case should have been higher.

Here was first

Quakecon2005_61.sized.jpg

I liked that AMD/ATI Shuttle he did as well as that ammo box...

Anyway, him as well as Bonzanego are in a contests called Pimp That Phone... http://www.pimpthatphone.com you can go vote for the winner now..

kuyaglen said:
... the Danger Den wooden cases are set to be available to the public in a few
weeks and starting around $800.00 (you would also be able to choose your own woods)
i like those cases and all but starting around $800 is just crazy. you could get a decent case and phase change cooling for that kind of money. hopefully they arent that much.

Back