PDF's open in Notepad

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
I've had this weird issue for a while and have just been living with it for the time being. My PDF's open in Notepad. Logically you'd go to the "Choose default program to open this file type" area but Adobe Reader doesn't show up. When I go to "Browse" I find the Adobe Reader executable but when I click on it it doesn't show up in my default program list. So I uninstalled Reader and I repeated the process but I still have the same problem. When I launch Adobe Reader and select my PDF it opens fine so I don't think it's a matter of the program not being installed correctly.

See if this works. Click the help menu in acrobat and select repair acrobat installation.

Alright, got it working!

I figure I can set a program association 1 of 2 ways. Through the OS ("default programs") or through the actual program. So since the OS method wasn't working I started digging around the Adobe menus...

Edit>General>"Select Default PDF Handler"

When I clicked this it installed something. Or at least I'm assuming it did because it had a progress bar pop up for about 2 seconds. Once I restarted all of my PDF's were associated with Adobe Reader.

Thanks!

Back