PDA help

kilobyte

Limp Gawd
i just got an old pda hp ipaq 4100 and this is my first pda. i was wondering if it is normal for the pda to flash its memory if the battery dies or is removed??

your backup battery is probably dead............. this is the part i'm referring to:

http://ww6.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?u....00&return=www.pdasmart.com/ipaqparts4000.htm

but I am assuming it's a chore to change it, since it's not really user-replaceable............ PPCs from that era stored apps and settings in volatile memory, so the backup battery maintains the data while the main battery is changed............ Newer PPCs (WM5, 6) use nonvolatile flash memory if I am not mistaken, unfortunately this technology was too expensive to use back then the 4400 was current.

thank you for the help. its not so much a prob charging it. it is just sucks if i cant get to the changer just 1 time i lose everything.

just make sure yoU sync it on a daily basis and you wont have any issues

Older CE4 and below PDAs did lose everything. WM5 and up do not lose everything. The main reason I moved my x50 to WM5, even with the slow down in general speed. I just don't charge it often.

Back