PcPc 510 SLI or Seasonic S12600w.?

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
I never got a strait up answer, which of those two PSU's should I get. I like the performance but don't need anything to terribly loud. I the con of the. Seasonic Is i have to sleeve it.

I'm putting it in a Lian Li Pc V 2000b.

Neither will disapoint you. Seasonic is quiter. All i can say since I doubt there will be a significant diffrence in the power they are able to produce.

the PC P&C are noisy from what i've read on the internet. Seasonic S12 are efficient and quiet from what i've read. Need a review directly comparing their voltage regulation :rolleyes:

I hear good things about PC P&C, it is also SLI certified which is a plus if you plan to go SLI down the road. The seasonic says it has dual pci-e power connecters but it is not SLI certified. It is a tough call. I like the PC P&C though IMO.

Stu55 said:
The seasonic says it has dual pci-e power connecters but it is not SLI certified. It is a tough call. I like the PC P&C though IMO.
Not having the cert means almost nothing considering Seasonics have been proven as some of the top suppys on the market and 600w of a great power supply will power two cards with no problem. PC P&C is probubly the best supplys when looking only at power. The question is will you notice the power diffrence (if there is one) or will you notice the noise diffrence.

Stu55 said:
I hear good things about PC P&C, it is also SLI certified which is a plus if you plan to go SLI down the road. The seasonic says it has dual pci-e power connecters but it is not SLI certified. It is a tough call. I like the PC P&C though IMO.

The S12 600w is SLI certified now.

I've just put a PCP&C 510 in my current system and I personally don't find the noise to be bad at all. Unless the room temperature really gets up there and I start really drawing some power from the supply I can't tell it's there over the 3 fans on my radiator. Not to mention my HDs/Opticals make significantly more noise than the supply does. It's only the supplies that make really annoying noises that seem to bother me.

I have the Seasonic 600W. The thing is probably one of the most quiet things in my system! It does get warm but it is very efficent and has SOLID voltages, they seriously never budge under loads.

My vote is for the Seasonic. Both will power pretty much anything you throw at them, but the Seasonic is silent, draws less power from the wall so your electricity bill will be smaller (though the difference is probably marginal), and best of all it's $70 to $100 cheaper. I got mine from buy.com, and there was a 10% off coupon floating around that brought the price down to something like $135.

Seasonic S12-600 for overall computing. Oodles of power, and very quiet to boot.

Sevenpants said:
draws less power from the wall so your electricity bill will be smaller (though the difference is probably marginal),

Seasonic: Efficiency: Up to 80%
PC Power: Efficiency: 70%

Even if the seasonic runs at 80%, which I doubt due to the "up to" part, then you would only be looking at few cents more on your power bill, unless of corse you leave your machine on 24/7 with a constant looping of 3dmark 05 with dual 6800Ultras or the like.

I have a Turbo Cool 510W SLI, so I am biased here, but there are a few other advantages:

1. 5yr warranty - I have had to RMA an older Turbo Cool which I bought as a defictive unit, they took it back no questions (well they asked for serial number, but thats it)

2. Single 12v Rail - Some may argue, but the single 12v rail is by far more flexible when it comes to future upgrades. What happens when you need more 12v juice for the new Ageia PPU? Well if your peripheral 12v rail is already using 16amps or so with HD's Opti's and Vid cards, then 2amps might might not be enough to power that card. Also, you cannot borrow power form the MB's 12v rail...

That being said, recently I have noticed my exhaust fan is makeing some clicking noises which are mildly irritating. I think I just got a bad fan though...

J-Mag said:
...I have a Turbo Cool 510W SLI...

...recently I have noticed my exhaust fan is makeing some clicking noises which are mildly irritating. I think I just got a bad fan though...
mine does the same, i agree it's irritating. been seriously thinking about replacing with a panaflo of equal cfm. id hate to ruin the warranty though. :/

J-Mag said:
Seasonic: Efficiency: Up to 80%
PC Power: Efficiency: 70%

Even if the seasonic runs at 80%, which I doubt due to the "up to" part, then you would only be looking at few cents more on your power bill, unless of corse you leave your machine on 24/7 with a constant looping of 3dmark 05 with dual 6800Ultras or the like.

Would you like sauce with your crow?

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article247-page4.html

DC Output (W) 65 90 150 200 250 300 400 500 600*
AC Input (W) 84 109 177 230 286 345 460 582 719
Efficiency 77% 83% 85% 87% 87% 87% 87% 86% 83%

Spectre said:
Would you like sauce with your crow?

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article247-page4.html

DC Output (W) 65 90 150 200 250 300 400 500 600*
AC Input (W) 84 109 177 230 286 345 460 582 719
Efficiency 77% 83% 85% 87% 87% 87% 87% 86% 83%

you beat me to it :p - and about your "two" thing i've heard someone on SPCR talk about his PC P&C explode (bad batch?) :rolleyes:

jwill said:
mine does the same, i agree it's irritating. been seriously thinking about replacing with a panaflo of equal cfm. id hate to ruin the warranty though. :/

be careful, PC P&C don't use noisy Delta fans to deafen users, it's because those PSU need ALOT of airflow. email PC P&C about replacing the fan and you'll get a big "NO" ;)

perplex said:
you beat me to it :p - and about your "two" thing i've heard someone on SPCR talk about his PC P&C explode (bad batch?) :rolleyes:

There were a few that had issues about...... what........ 9 months ago maybe. There were in the end very few units that were affected (or is that effected?) and PC Power and Cooling replaced all of them post haste. Overall rates for PC Power and Cooling defects are preety tiny....I owuld guess south of 1% by more than a bit.

The efficiency is mainly about the the heat not cost. Lower the efficiency more heat is being produced by the PSU and is going into your case.

I had a PCP&C 510 that stunk up my whole house one day....I saw a faint orange glow coming out of the back.

I called them up and they sent me out a replacement right away.

There were a "few' built with a bad choke right near the fan in the back.
They were/are aware of the problem and took care of it in a very profesional manner...

jwill said:
perplex said:
...be careful, PC P&C don't use noisy Delta fans to deafen users, it's because those PSU need ALOT of airflow. email PC P&C about replacing the fan and you'll get a big "NO" ;)
i was thinking to take out the 80mm fan altogether and attach an 80mm to 120mm adapter on the back, use a 120mm fan with good noise to cfm ratio like a panaflo M1A or L1A.

just an idea for now. i have a lian-li v1100 plus on the way so first we'll see how the power supply duct with noise insulation does to quiet down this supply. hoping for good things...
dsc003009br.jpg
dsc003204xw.jpg

IMO, PC P&C males the BEST PSU's available, peroid. The Seasonic S-12's are also very good PSU's.

If your computer case is on the warm side, then the Seasonic S-12 600W will be noticeably quieter.

Either should serve you well.
Dave ;)

Back