• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCP&C Silencer 410?

Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
2,042
Anyone know how these preform, I cant find a review anywhere. I like this model basically because its a great company, quiet, and affordable (I cant spend $150 on a PSU). I know thier other stuff is top notch but what about this, anyone have any ideas....

Courtesy Link

Anyway someone please respond I want to put in my order ASAP.
 
You haven't posted the rig specs so thats a tough question to answer.
Anything PC P & C'ing is good.
PC P & C people are real helpful. Give em a call and explain your rig and they will tell you watt's watt :p
 
yeah just thought about that....

A64 3200+
1 gig Corsair XMS PC3200
Epox EP-8KDA3J
WD Sata 80 gig 7200rpm
CD-RW / DVD Combo
DVD burner (in the future)
2 CC lights (12")
6800 Gt
1 Partridge
1 Pear Tree.

in the future possibly 2nd HDD (same as above model)
 
Thanx, I did that before but the setup I am running cant really be done with that (they need to update). It came out to....

3.3V 2.4
5V 19.8
12V 17.8
3.3/5V 107.2
3.3/5/12V 321
total output.... 331
(I choose the thing that uses the most watts if there was nothing similar to what I am using)

So good to go?
EDIT: I did this with the second HDD, and with a DVD burner, 3 case fans...
 
I'm running a Silencer 400 in my system and it's been working great. Assuming you aren't really pushing it and keeping the fan running at max the sound is hardly even noticable. I have a hard time telling it apart from my water pump.

My specs:

2x 2400+ XP -> MP
1gb reg/ECC PC2100
cd burner, dvd burner, dvd drive
2x 10krpm Ultra160 drives RAID-0
80gb 7200rpm drive
radeon9700
koolance setup

I highly doubt enough power will be an issue for your system. I haven't had any stability problems that weren't user inflicted either. I can definately tell the supply is working hard since the fan goes to full speed within 30 seconds of a cold boot but it seems to work fine still.
 
Back
Top