PCP&C PSU's @ Directron

How good at those PCP & C PSUs? A week ago I had never heard of them and now I seem to hear them mentioned a couple times a day.

Some (many) would say they are the best supplies made. The only other company that can handle that argument MAY be zippy/emacs. However, it's a close race, so I'd feel comfortable saying that PC Power and Cooling makes the best power supplies on the market today.

Stealth5325 said:
Some (many) would say they are the best supplies made. The only other company that can handle that argument MAY be zippy/emacs. However, it's a close race, so I'd feel comfortable saying that PC Power and Cooling makes the best power supplies on the market today.

Zippy/Emac is the one that manufactures PC Power and Cooling units.

then again if u look @ voltage regulation tolerance on the turbocooled its withen 1% vs 5% of other psus + they r rated for continuous wattage @ 40C or 50C

chomsky said:
How good at those PCP & C PSUs? A week ago I had never heard of them and now I seem to hear them mentioned a couple times a day.
Really? PCP&C have been around for years, and are considered one of the highest-end PSU's on the market. They are just now getting some competition from the high-end OCZ and Antec Neopower PSU's, so their prices have come down a little, but they are still top-quality, high-dollar PSU's. These are older, probably discontinued models, but I'd put that 300W up against any of the el-cheapo 450W supplies.

Hmm, directron's site says the 300 watter only has 12A on the 12volt rail, and the only motherboard connectors are 20 pin and 6 pin, so no 4 pin 12v plug for newer mb's. Maybe these are only suited to older machines.

Puma said:
Hmm, directron's site says the 300 watter only has 12A on the 12volt rail, and the only motherboard connectors are 20 pin and 6 pin, so no 4 pin 12v plug for newer mb's. Maybe these are only suited to older machines.

PC Power and Cooling is one of the best but their lower-end models aren't much to brag about. Its their high-end models that they get their reputation from.

zach2004 said:
so will the 300watt work with a asus k8n-e deluxe motherboard.

It will work but depending on what else you have in your system i'd go with something bigger like 400w or larger.

damn i might pick up a 300w for a shitbox, good stuff, thanks. I was there yesterday, wish i woulda seen this

Back