• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCP&C-1 brownouts-0

TheLonelySwedish

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
281
2 nights ago MA had some crappy ice/snow with a lot of wind, and my power dropped, 4 times in under 30 seconds. everything in my house went out completely and then turned back on really quick; my the TV's, family computer, you name it-- except for my comp. I now understand why I paid more for my psu than my processor. Never again shall I use a shitty psu after this PSU's godlike performance. TY to all on this board who kiss PCP&P's ass 24/7, you motivated me to spend the dough, and I understand why it's worth it now.
 
TheLonelySwedish said:
I now understand why I paid more for my psu than my processor. Never again shall I use a shitty psu after this PSU's godlike performance.

WHOOHRAH
 
LOL

well guess that means your fair game for me to brow beat you about getting a UPS :p
it is a great supply, but its still not a substitute ;)
 
APC 1000 VA with line conditioning ;)

for all of you who got in on the office depot deal, 130 dollar ups for 30 bux lol
 
KillDFurby said:
APC 1000 VA with line conditioning ;)

for all of you who got in on the office depot deal, 130 dollar ups for 30 bux lol

damn that deal was a steal too bad i missed it. pcp&c 510sli/belkin 1200va here. :)
 
EnderW said:
PCP&C 510W + Belkin 900VA = :D

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

900VA = 900 * 0.7 = 630W
PSU = 510W
630W - 510W = 120W

Now, would 120W on the UPS be enough to handle a 17"-20" monitor? My 17" CRT is rated as 0.9A @ 240V. This certainly translates to more than 120W, does it not?

So, would not a 900VA UPS be inadequate for the PCP&C 510 + Monitor?

Thanks.
 
i'm pretty sure your math is right, but it's unlikely that all 510watts are actually being used on the power supply. i'd say in a good rig, 300 is more likely so it should leave enough power for the monitor.
 
Lol Ice Czar, you're never going to let me upgrade my actual components with all the money I end up spending on power stuff.
 
well luckilly a UPS is a true infrastructure investment
that is up till you exceed its capacity :p
 
Back
Top