PCMCIA Soundcard Worth It?

DamienThorn

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, the topic says it all. I'm thinking of picking up a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS 7.1 Ch PCMCIA Notebook Sound Card for my ASUS notebook (listed in sig) and wanted to know if it was worth the money. Am I going to notice a real difference in sound? Is it going to really hurt my battery life?

DamienThorn said:
Well, the topic says it all. I'm thinking of picking up a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS 7.1 Ch PCMCIA Notebook Sound Card for my ASUS notebook (listed in sig) and wanted to know if it was worth the money. Am I going to notice a real difference in sound? Is it going to really hurt my battery life?

You dont...have a sig lol

BlackKoala said:
You dont...have a sig lol
Yes he does you must have them turned off in your user CP.
To the op I'm not sure if it's worth it unless you plan on adding a full blown 5.1 or 7.1 speaker setup I don't see the point otherwise.

I have the older 5.1 version of the soundblaster pcmcia card in my vaio laptop. I use it for my klipsch 2.1 system, and headphones. I think it made a diference, the amount of background hiss is far less than the stock sound was.

Yes you should notice better sound. I am no audiophile but I could notice it.
Is sound quality all you are wanting? If so you may want to look at some other options. That is the real question: what are you hoping to acomplish with a new soundcard?

The audigy is good if you want surround sound, and it also has digital out which is great for movies. It will also lesson the hit on your CPU in games, but from the looks of your laptop I am guessing you aren't gaming with it.

If you are only wanting better sound, I would look at m-audio. They have some other options.

Back