• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCMCIA -> Compact Flash for readyboost

venm11

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
2,236
I'd like to use Readyboost for a a laptop, but the onboard SD reader is too slow, and USB is too inconventient. That leaves either a 50mm mini-pcie ssd (expensive + questionable compatibility), or some kind of PCMCIA (PC-Card) device that this laptop has, such as an SD or CF reader card. Some of the CF cards are quite fast, at around 90MB/s read. The reader cards can be had on ebay for a few bucks, but they give no specs as to whether they would even support those speeds; I could end up with a slow controller like the onboard Ricoh-hole.

Anybody have any ideas?

Ideally I'd just buy a good SSD, but I'd need a fairly large one and that's just too expensive right now. Note that the reason why I have a storage bottleneck is because I use VMs constantly and those chew up memory and disk IO; I'd like to have readyboost on both the host and virtual windows OSs, where possible.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top