• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCIe wireless in an old computer

the_servicer

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
2,214
I am thinking of buying an '06 IBM IntelliStation Type 9229 on craigslist (for $100) to run Linux. I would like to put a new Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I in it for Wi-Fi. Can I expect it to work? Even if it fits physically, is there a chance the motherboard is too old for such a new card?
Edit: I got the computer today and the complete MT is 922962U.
 
Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something obvious the board with PCIe should accept this card. I would also make sure the card is supported by your Linux distro of choice.
 
Back
Top