• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PCIe riser card or cable

petertew

Gawd
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
984
Hey guys,

I'm looking to mount my video card horizontally rather than vertically. I would like a PCIe x16 cable that would function like a riser card (I could do a riser card as well, but the cable is preferred), but I've only been able to find a really expensive cable extender.

Anyone know of a cheap (25 or less) PCIe cable or riser card?

Thanks.
 
eBay has quite a few fixed 1U/2U risers in your price range:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Supemicro-PCI-E...oryZ3762QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Adex-PEXP16-RX1...ryZ90719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/PCI-Express-PCI...ryZ56092QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is also this flex-riser and its just a bit outside your price range:

http://cgi.ebay.com/7cm-Flexible-X1...ryZ16145QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have that exact flex-riser in my HTPC and it is working great with the 9600GT in my sig.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
We can cancel this thread folks!!!

2ikd54k.gif


After searching for hours i couldnt find a cable long enough, and the longest ones where 54 bucks!!! and i needed it to be twice as long.

I googled Pcie1 in pcie4 slot and ppl said stuff would work, i swapped my Wifi card thats a PCi1 to the 4 and its working.

Hopefully i have the same results for the capture card:)
 
alrighty then...


i think this thread had been "cancelled" about...hmmmm....2 years and 8 months ago?
 
Nope, didnt work in my other slot, i dont know why my wifi did but the capture did.

I put it in a pci slot that i thought it wouldnt fit, it's touching my NB :(
 
Back
Top