pcie 5 psu

Yep atx 3.0 is the new standard which also carries pci-e 5 certification. There are several atx 3.0 units that are available (mostly FSP based) with a ton more on the way.

I am just getting an EVGA G6 and buying the cablemod 12 pin cable for myself for ease of cable management. Don't really care if the PSU comes with it.

What I do care about is, the G6 was $140 on sale this summer, from normal price of $190. I checked this AM and it was $240 on amazon. Now its down to $225. What is going on?? everyone price gouging across the board

I am just getting an EVGA G6 and buying the cablemod 12 pin cable for myself for ease of cable management. Don't really care if the PSU comes with it.

What I do care about is, the G6 was $140 on sale this summer, from normal price of $190. I checked this AM and it was $240 on amazon. Now its down to $225. What is going on?? everyone price gouging across the board

Everything just sucks right now with GPU prices/shortages and now even new PSUs are hard to come by. Yes it's a new standard and they're slowly trickling in, but in 25 years of system building I've never seen it like this where prices are outrageous and inventory doesn't last more than a few minutes.

I built my X99 rig in 2016 and I was going to build a new one next year but now I'm just going to drive this one into the ground. It does what I need.

Maybe in another 18 months inflation will be under control and WW3 won't have happened.

Back