Pci X

badjoke

Gawd
Anyone know when PCI X is coming out. I know theres no definite date buti kindofneed it tocomeout before march. Does anyone think that could happen? If so do you think I should wait until it comes out beofre I get it. I know itwill run liek 10x faster than AGP but I'm gunna build a new compy in march so will it beworth it to wait?

sorry if it's a repost or whatever, its my first time inthis forum

I know itwill run liek 10x faster than AGP but I'm gunna build a new compy in march so will it beworth it to wait?
are you sure about that, or is that just another hype like with the agp 8x, when in fact in some cases it was slower.

Originally posted by badjoke
Anyone know when PCI X is coming out. I know theres no definite date buti kindofneed it tocomeout before march. Does anyone think that could happen? If so do you think I should wait until it comes out beofre I get it. I know itwill run liek 10x faster than AGP but I'm gunna build a new compy in march so will it beworth it to wait?

sorry if it's a repost or whatever, its my first time inthis forum

God Damit.... For the last time:
PCI-X: Already exsists on server boards (64-bit platform)
PCI-Express: New platform set to replace AGP and eventually PCI

This will ship on the new intel chipsets towards the 3Q and towards 4Q for AMD chipsets...PCI-Express will be introduced the same time as the BTX form-factor, and DDRII.

AGP will be supported and sold for at least another year.

Haha Flipside... I was so tempted to post a question asking when PCI-X was coming out just to egg you on :)

PCI-E will offer little to no advantages over AGP when it comes out. I mean we aren't even coming close to touching the AGP 8x bandwidth, so there is no real reason for it to be pushed at the moment.

why is everyone posting and worrying about it already, if its not THAT great then dont worry till it becomes a problem,

Originally posted by xxaaqq
Haha Flipside... I was so tempted to post a question asking when PCI-X was coming out just to egg you on :)

No worries Dude....Just be thankful this is over the intraweb...;)

The advantage of PCI-E is that is it presumed that the next-next gen cards will opitimized for the new platform, but I still don't think it's anything to get worried about. By the time PCI-E is out we should be getting Windows Longhorn and DX10, so we'll probably all be buying new crap anyways.

PCI Express = Good stuff. However, I doubt it'll be amazing for a long time. It'll debut with a high bandwidth etc etc but gpu's will crush it soon after. It's just the way slots are. They're made to be flashy at introduction, but last a long time. So once again, we'll be outpacing the slot with our cards.

Back