• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCI fans worth it?

Coltblues

n00b
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
45
Have you guys every used these and are they worth it? First time I've seen them on newegg so I was curious. I searched the forums and couldn't find anything on them. They're pretty cheap so if they can blow some hot air it might be worth having.
 
if its going to draw air out of the system, and you have more intake than exhaust causing a more than desired positive pressure, id say go for it. I can't see it being a substantial increase, but for 8$ i dont think its 'big risk' purchase, it might take a degree or two off your GPU or more. Especially if you have sli, and have the space inbetween a few, it could help draw some air through the two cards. If you do give it a shot let us know the temp diffs pls.
 
I have one very similar right under my video card. I can not tell a differnce in temperature at all with it in or out of the case so I am not sure if it would be worth it. I have pretty good airflow in my case though so that might be why. It cant hurt though.
 
Sounds like it doesn't seem like it is worth the effort of installing it, let alone the full price of $8 haha. I'm just going to wire tie a 120mm face in front of my gpu like I've seen someone on the forums do. Thanks for the advice from current owners.
 
Back
Top