• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCI Express Sound Cards?

Naldo

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 7, 2001
Messages
3,739
Does creative make any PCi express 1x soundcards? Just wondering.
 
Damnit! I won't be purchasing an X-Fi for my new rig in January unless they have a PCI express model. Yes, I know the bandwidth is currently unnecessary... but with the motherboard (975x) having only 2 PCI slots, I will be needing them for other things (IDE card and ATI TV tuner). I definately want a separate sound card, but I guess I would need it to plug into the PCIex slots. When the hell is creative going to get on the ball with that??
 
Yeah, and that would cost me a hell of a lot of money, wouldn't it? My 1 terabyte worth of IDE drives wouldn't be easy to throw away.
 
steviep said:
Damnit! I won't be purchasing an X-Fi for my new rig in January unless they have a PCI express model. Yes, I know the bandwidth is currently unnecessary... but with the motherboard (975x) having only 2 PCI slots, I will be needing them for other things (IDE card and ATI TV tuner). I definately want a separate sound card, but I guess I would need it to plug into the PCIex slots. When the hell is creative going to get on the ball with that??
Why not go with a PCIe TV tuner? http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1893829,00.asp
 
Back
Top