• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCI express sound cards.

plywood99

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
1,666
Hey all,
Looking for a pci express sound card. My sli grphics cards are taking up one of my pci slots so I had to choose between losing my tv card or my Audigy2ZS. So I took out the sound card since mobo has onboard sound.

But the Karrajan audio on this DFI mobo is truly horrendous! I need a new sound card asap, but it needs to have a pci express interface and I can't find one online.

What gives? Anyone know of a pci express sound card?

Or maybe a tv tuner card that is pci express...
 
You won't find a single pci-e sound card yet, but creative plans to release one *sometime*, probably not for another 6mo-1yr. A company already released a pci-e tv-tuner card overseas, it should be a little while before it comes here (it's an ati 550 chip, so good). Looks like you will have to suffer with onboard sound for at least a month it seems.
 
You might want to give this a shot:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829118107

I normally only recommend it to laptop users who are not satisfied with their laptop’s audio but I don’t see any reason why this would not also work on a desktop. The audio quality is actually quite good. At just under $25, this might make a good temp/backup solution anyway.
 
I bet his onboard sound is better than that though.. but wow, I might pick one up hehe.
 
Well, I did get the Karajan to sound much better. I uninstalled the Realtek drivers and used the ones that come in the Nvidia chipset 6.70 drivers. They give more control over the sound. Especially the LFE crossover frequency. Keeps my sub from over powering the satelites. Then a little tweaking to improve the mid and higher frequencies and all is well.

Still not quite as clear as the Audigy2ZS, but it will do until pci expess cards come on the market.
 
Back
Top