pci express 1x wireless g card?

antok86

[H]F Junkie
do they make pci express 1x wireless cards? if they can anyone recommend one that works with vista x64?
thanks

yea thats a little pricey...just looking for just a 54g

Unfortunately, the DLink adapter that 450 linked to is the only PCI-E wifi card, at least according to newegg.com. So you might be better off with a PCI or USB wifi adapter.

yea..problem with usb well at least when i had it was that it was spiking my online gaming...and with the pci i dont have much room to go with. right now im using ethernet connected to a powerline adapter..which isnt the best for file transfers over my network plus the addition of running vista x64.

Get a WRT54G. I got one on Amazon for $25 a year or two ago.

Install DD-WRT and setup the router to run in bridge mode. Then put in your network, settings and hook up the router via ethernet to your computer. I use this to get my 360, Xbox 1, and 2 PC's on the internet. 4 devices on wifi for just $25.

im using a D-Link DGL-4300 with my modem...so your saying the wrt54g will connect to my dlink in bridge mode? and act as a hub/wireless adapter for my computer and xbox? basically its connecting router to router in wireless right?

im using a D-Link DGL-4300 with my modem...so your saying the wrt54g will connect to my dlink in bridge mode? and act as a hub/wireless adapter for my computer and xbox? basically its connecting router to router in wireless right?

Yes, yes, and yes.
Here is the guide I used. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68

It may seem like an impossible wall of text but it really isn't hard at all. If possible try to get a WRT-54GL.

yea i think i saw this feature when i put the mini dd-wrt on my bros wrt54gs its been a while though....time to hunt for a router!

i might go with the wrt54g option...since i do have a switch by my comp that connects my xbox...

Wow, The Air Pace isn't too expensive, much better than the $88 shipped offering at the 'egg for the N card.

But at the same time, the WRT-54G router is around the same price and can support 5 devices at the same time while being a 10/100 switch.

just picked up a wrt54g v5 looks like v5 only supports micro?...but i think micro supports bridging as i saw this on my bros wrt54gs which ran micro ddwrt

V5 supports micro and bridging. You should be good to go.

Back