• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

pci-e ssd how many lanes is it using?

davegl1234

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 14, 2010
Messages
75
Hi,

I use gpu-z to check how many pci-e lanes are being used by gpu (16x, 8x etc), to check everything went ok with installation.

I am trying to find out how do the same thing for my newly installed pci-e ssd. Does anyone have any ideas? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the bios itself.

Ta
 
For the bios side of it it really depends on what board you are running. If this is an Intel 750 series drive you can use the newest SSD Toolbox and go down to the bottom of In windows you might be able to go to the bottom of drive details and see current pcie link speed and negotiated link width.
 
Conveniently it is indeed the 750 series, thanks.

I got myself the toolbox, and current PCIe link speed is 0x3, and negotiated PCIe link width is 0x4. I guess that means it indeed has x4 available, and is currently using x3?
 
Link speed = pcie revision number in this case 3.0, link width = how many individual links, in this case pcie 3.0 x4.
 
Back
Top