PCI-E really worth the wait?

dynasty

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
131
I have been thinking about upgrading to an a64 for alittle while now. But am kinda anxious about doing it since pci-e is coming out later this year. Will pci-e support older amd and intel sockets, or is it only going to support the new sockets coming out? And do you think I should wait and get pci-e comes out or upgrade to the a64 and sell it and then get pci-e? I might just wait if it comes out like in May/June, but if i comes out later in the fall I think I may just upgrade. Thanks

Here are my current system specs
---------------
P4 2.6C
Corsair 512 3200
Asus p4p800
evga 5900se
 
My specs (sig) right now will hold out fine on everything 'I' need. ie. Gaming, Photoshop, etc ... My next upgrade will not be until BTX, and PCI-E have arrived. My next video card will be the ATI Radeon 880XT (PCI-E). I feel that upgrading between now and then is a waste of not only my time, but my money.

To his, his own ... but I'm waiting.
 
Yeh I think it would probably be best to wait. But I have heard two different times of when pci-e will be released. May/June and then late summer into fall. Which one is it or do we even know? Also are the new pci-e boards gong to support the older amd and intel sockets or just the new one's coming out? Thanks
 
Back
Top