• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCI bus speed

sabrewolf732

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
4,776
How high can I safely go? Overclocking on a biostar ideq 200p sff, unlocked bus currently at 222 htt, 37MHz pci. Processor at 2GHz vs 1.8 stock. In windows with clockgen I went to 233 fine and pci bus was 38.8, was testing with prime 95 and games, all tested fine, but is 38.8 too high long term? ty. Also, you think I should go to a 3700+ for $150? I think I should be able to hit 2.6ish, is 600MHz and 1MB cache worth the $70 upgrade? ty
 
I aint no expert but you not locking your pci bus speed when u OC!!!!!!! Man they supposed to stay at what they are. You oc them and you could get loads of problems. I would recommend leaving them how they are by keeping them at the fixed value.
 
coolkishan said:
I aint no expert but you not locking your pci bus speed when u OC!!!!!!! Man they supposed to stay at what they are. You oc them and you could get loads of problems. I would recommend leaving them how they are by keeping them at the fixed value.

there is obviously no lock or I would lock them.....
 
ohhh sorry man.....

I would leave it at it is youve gone from 33-37 thye not meant to run alot out of spec. you may be able to get to 40 tops. But i dont recommend it. Just get a new board
 
All Cards will act different at different speeds. Right now my TV Tuner will not function and I will get BSODs all day if i am over 35MHz. :(
 
Back
Top