• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

pc4-2933Y vs pc4-3200A

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
1,295
I have a friend selling some memory and curious if I should go for 32gb faster ram or 64gb slight slower

Building a machine that will be an i9-13900k and have the msi pro ddr4 motherboard.

Will I see a difference between 64gb(16gbx4) pc4-2933Y vs 32gb (16gbx2) pc4-3200A ?
Thx!
 
So 2933MHz or 3200MHz for a 13900K CPU? Then neither.

He's not much of a friend by trying to gimp that CPU in order to sell you his RAM.
 
If you don't have as much RAM as you need, performance falls off a cliff. If you have more than you need, it has very little effect. Between those two, get the 3200 MT/s kit, unless you actually need 64GB. I tend to agree that neither is ideal. You won't see much difference with faster memory (e.g. 3600 MT/s) but it does matter some.
 
thx all.. i was just going to move over my PC4-2400T so this is why i was asking.. i have 4x16gb for my system.. well i have actually like 10x 16gb but motherboard can only take 4 lol
 
I wouldn't use anything less than 3600MHz with that CPU. Makes now sense otherwise. Sell your current RAM(s) and by better matched RAM for that CPU. Otherwise you're throwing some performance out the window.
 
Back
Top