• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PC wont turn on! need expert help

cyprusx

n00b
Joined
May 27, 2015
Messages
9
Hi!

So when I press my power button it flashes with the ASUS screen then freezes. I need to turn it off then turn it back on and it boots normal. But this happens every time. My PC works perfect otherwise just this BOOTING! Also my pc monitor wont run of the DVI port on the mobo.

Is my Mobo faulty ? I have no idea :(

I guess buy removing some parts it could tell me if its the PSU thats the problem? after doing a PSU check my system requires roughly around 509 watts. I have a SilverStone ST85F-G-EVO 850W 80+ Gold PSU

I removed all but 1 of the ram and took out my sound card. but the same thing happened. I also tried different ram.
I tried taking out the GPU also but when i put the monitor cable on the mobo. the display wouldn't turn on??

I have also reset the CMOS using this method

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...1&m=P8Z77-V PRO&s=39&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1723

I also took out the mobo battery for a while and put it back in.

The BIOS has been updated.

With all this it still wont fix the boot error.


Thanks for any help! :)



RIG

Intel Core i7 3770 LGA1155 CPU 3.4Ghz 8Mb Cache Ivy Bridge
Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz, Unbuffered, 9-10-9-27, Vengeance Pro
Asus P8Z77-V P8Z77-V.Z77 4xDDR3 3xPCI-E16 GBL SATA3 USB3.0 RAID DSP H
Asus GTX 770 OC EDITION PCI-E 3.0 2GB 256-bit DDR5
Asus Xonar Phoebus soundcard
Seagate SATA3 3TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache\
Samsung 256GB SSD 840BW Pro SATA3 2.5
Intel BXRTS2011LC High Performance Liquid Cooler
SilverStone ST85F-G-EVO 850W 80+ Gold PSU
Fractal Design Define R4 USB3.0 Mid Tower Case Black
 
Last edited:
Back
Top