PC Wont shut down, Asrock z370 Taichi.

Kodin

n00b
I have noticed this happens after I put load through the CPU, so if i run Real bench for example and then try to switch it off it gets stuck trying to shut down the Fans still spin and the HDD light is always activated. So i have to hold down the power switch for 5 seconds to get it to switch off.

Things i have tried so far

Reset CMOS
Reinstalled windows 10

I left my Computer running real bench last night for 30 mins and fell asleep when i woke up this morning it had done the same old thing because the PC had fallen asleep ( Fresh install of windows) I usually have the sleep turned off.

SO it doesn't seem to like sleep mode, or shutting down. How ever if i'm idling on the desktop and shut it down it will work.

Any idea's people?

I assume your OC'ing?

I got similar on my win 10, after stressing/gaming the start button would be noy responsive and would have to alt+ctl+delete to shutdown/restart, then it would always says something was holding it so O would have to force shutdown

Seems it wasn't fully stable, added a touch of vcore and it went away

Last edited:
I have latest bios version 1.4, I'm running the memory with it's stock timings.@ 3200 MHz with xmp enabled and I manually put CAS 16-19-19-36 and didn't mess with the timings underneath it.

It doesn't do it all the time, I was messing about with it last night I did about 5 x 15 minute runs of real bench each with a shut down straight after and It did the not powering off bug on the 5th time; this was running 4.8 ghz

I could get the PC to sleep and wake up with an overclock.

It's just random, But the thing is I built a pc for my bro with the same CPU, Mem and Mobo and I dont remember it happening in the 2 weeks I messed around with it.

I've also tried disabling fast boot in power options and uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” for IME

I'm telling you your slightly unstable. I bet one of the stress test will crash, 1 out of 5 or 6, meaning either OCCT or P95 will likely error and possible after quite some time

Save your BIOS settings and put ram at stock and I bet issue goes away.

Did you looking you had any whea errors?

Last edited:
I think i might of fixed this by rising the VCSSA voltage to 1.25 v, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Back