My server which was built using an intel E6600 and a Gigabyte P965 DS3 motherboard suddenly stopped responding. I've had it for around 4 years and it runs 24/7 and has been overclocked. Built from scratch obviously.
I never had a PC that doesn't post at all before. No beeps on power up, no video, no post.
I tried swapping the motherboard for another identical one. No change. Tried changing video cards. No change.
So I'm left with two possibilities - The CPU or the power supply, right? Which is most likely? If the E6600 fried is that normal behavior, no post beep? Also, if I tried starting it up without a CPU in the motherboard at all should I at least get post beep codes?
Could use some help here, just because I've never had this happen, and I don't have a spare CPU or power supply lying around to test -- I don't want to buy something I don't need and be stuck with it.
Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot/fix would really be appreciated. Frankly I was shocked it wasn't the motherboard but I can't deny that it does the exact same thing with a totally different mobo.
I never had a PC that doesn't post at all before. No beeps on power up, no video, no post.
I tried swapping the motherboard for another identical one. No change. Tried changing video cards. No change.
So I'm left with two possibilities - The CPU or the power supply, right? Which is most likely? If the E6600 fried is that normal behavior, no post beep? Also, if I tried starting it up without a CPU in the motherboard at all should I at least get post beep codes?
Could use some help here, just because I've never had this happen, and I don't have a spare CPU or power supply lying around to test -- I don't want to buy something I don't need and be stuck with it.
Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot/fix would really be appreciated. Frankly I was shocked it wasn't the motherboard but I can't deny that it does the exact same thing with a totally different mobo.