PC with componet

Tony123

Weaksauce
I plan on building an HTPC in 1 or 2 years from now.

But when the time comes I think I will have a gaming rig set up to my Samsung DLP (which I plan on getting) and a separete HTPC for PVR and high res DVD scaling.

Does it seem weird to any of you to have 2 rigs.

The reason is because I want my HTPC to be silent. But if I were to integrate my gaming hardware (7800 GTX, 3800+, A8N SLI Premium) it would be REALLY hot with the quite fans.

Is there a good way to cool these hot componets quitely and efficiantly?

also is it healthy for an HTPC to be left on all the time so boot ups wont occur?

my last question

Can I convert my DVI cable into a conponet and then to my TV and will conponet look good with PC games?

On my TV component looks better than DVI without tweaking. x800 & Sony 60"LCD rear projection. Your mileage may vary. :)

Many higher end video cards these days offer component dongle connectors

I plan on building an HTPC in 1 or 2 years from now. Kind of early to be planning. hardware has changed a lot over the last year

But when the time comes I think I will have a gaming rig set up to my Samsung DLP (which I plan on getting) and a separete HTPC for PVR and high res DVD scaling.

Does it seem weird to any of you to have 2 rigs. Yes

The reason is because I want my HTPC to be silent. But if I were to integrate my gaming hardware (7800 GTX, 3800+, A8N SLI Premium) it would be REALLY hot with the quite fans.

Is there a good way to cool these hot componets quitely and efficiantly? answered this in the other thread, but check silentpcreview.com

also is it healthy for an HTPC to be left on all the time so boot ups wont occur? perfectly fine. I have 4 that stay on 24/7. extend the life of the PC by using sleep modes properly

my last question

Can I convert my DVI cable into a conponet and then to my TV and will conponet look good with PC games? VGA can be converted to component, but DVI is typically better

Back