• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PC will not start with p4 connector

hibiitt

n00b
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
1
Hello Everyone,

I have a really nice issue. My PC has been working perfectly for about 9 months now. Two days ago, I left home for 2 hours came back and my PC was turned off. I went to turn it on and no power at all. I checked everything. The power to the PC is fine. I had not hardware issues recently and I have not changed anything new. I have a Intel quad core processor, with a compatible gigabyte MSI motherboard. The motherboard has an p1 24 pin connector and P4 connector for the extra processor power.

I found out when I have the p1 connector in, the PC will power on, all drives, cd roms and fans are one. If I plug in the p4 connector, you have hear the PC try to turn on and the fans try to turn but then no power. This does not even happen in one second it is really quick.

Does anyone have an ideas what is this cause. To me it seems like the power supply is fine because it can supply power to the PC with the p1 connector. It is 450 watts and it has been working for nine months fine.

Do you think the motherboard or processor is OK. Could the processor notice a heating issue that quick and shut off? Also while I was out there was no power surge at home. So nothing happened to the PC.

Please help?
 
Back
Top