PC to PC connections...

Dapperdan

Supreme [H]ardness
Im looking for a free and SUPER easy PC to PC connection program, if there is a free one. I setup new people for trading and some of the people I setup have 0 PC skills so I need it to be as easy as gotoassist/pc type program. Thanks

Is this within in an internal network or out over the internet? UVNC is probably your best bet. If you do enough work on the back end, the front end for the users can be as simple as a single click (check out UVNC SC)

LAN or across the internet?
For internet based....I've been using GoToMeeting..granted "pay for".

Someone here suggested https://www.crossloop.com/landing.htm a few months ago...free..I've yet to try it.

Does Go to meeting allow screen sharing and work no matter what kind of net you have?
I have a freind on DSL so no public IP and his mother on DSL no public IP so traditional remote desktops dont work for him. I remember seeing software that you hit a web link and both logged into a service that allowed you to both share you desktops regarldess of what kind of net connection you had and required minimal configuration on either end... would this fit that bill?

Does Go to meeting allow screen sharing and work no matter what kind of net you have?
I have a freind on DSL so no public IP and his mother on DSL no public IP so traditional remote desktops dont work for him.

Yeah...I signed up for it a couple of years ago..since I need to take care of a lot of long distance clients. Back then it was the easiest (that I could find) software...which I could walk someone on the phone through and get to their desktop in a matter of minutes. Don't need to touch their router/firewall. Works fine through NAT. You start a host session on your PC..they point Internet Explorer to www.gotomeeting.com.....click the "Join a Meeting" button on the left side....accept the activeX installer....enter the meeting ID that you read to them...a toolbar shows on their screen...they click on "Show My Screen"..and "Give Keyboard and Mouse==>select your name"..and BAM..you're controlling their PC.

Can't you share applications and your desktop with Windows Messenger?

Everyone gets an account setup, then you add them as a contact. Right click on their name and you should be able to share applications as well as other fun stuff.

ok after a few hrs of looking I found TeamViewer, this will work easy for the people that I got to deal with. Dont have to sign up either and the customer module is super easy. Thanks

Can't you share applications and your desktop with Windows Messenger?

Everyone gets an account setup, then you add them as a contact. Right click on their name and you should be able to share applications as well as other fun stuff.

I tried messenger and my firewall and router had some issue with it.. was not as user friendly as i had hoped. and signing up some older non PC comitent person was pretty darn hard....

Yeah...I signed up for it a couple of years ago..since I need to take care of a lot of long distance clients. Back then it was the easiest (that I could find) software...which I could walk someone on the phone through and get to their desktop in a matter of minutes. Don't need to touch their router/firewall. Works fine through NAT. You start a host session on your PC..they point Internet Explorer to www.gotomeeting.com.....click the "Join a Meeting" button on the left side....accept the activeX installer....enter the meeting ID that you read to them...a toolbar shows on their screen...they click on "Show My Screen"..and "Give Keyboard and Mouse==>select your name"..and BAM..you're controlling their PC.

That sounds like exaclty what he needs.. thanks man....

i dont' know why there isn't a free version of this... i mean all you are paying for with gotomeeting is use of thier servers as a sort of "meeting point" so that you don't have to deal with NAT...

why isn't there a free version where you can set up the join a meeting url on your own webserver?

Because its a buisness and they need to pay for the development cost associated with programming this software...

i dont' know why there isn't a free version of this... i mean all you are paying for with gotomeeting is use of thier servers as a sort of "meeting point" so that you don't have to deal with NAT...

why isn't there a free version where you can set up the join a meeting url on your own webserver?

The "Crossloop" that I also linked above is free.

Citrix is in the money making business. Excellent app...works well...I haven't tried Crossloop yet...but with "free things"...you may get what you pay for.

Back