PC stalling when powered up

Win7Pro 32-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro v1.1 BIOS v.16beta09/ Intel C2D E8400 Batch Q748A223 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 1.80V ver4.1/ CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ ZALMAN ZM-F3RL 120mm Red LED/120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED/ Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ MSI R7870/ Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW-HC...

The CPU fan is spinning, the case fans turns and stops...try by itself then fails...I'm try to remove the rest of the case fans (4) and see if this is a power supply issue. Then try resetting the RAMs...not sure where else to check.

Thanks for your help

Looks like a bad PSU

Shame...I'll have to find a similar or better PSU at a good price then.
Thanks

I guess it's time anyway for this PSU

Ux20vRW.jpg

Last edited:
This is a Core 2 era computer, so I'd imagine the CMOS battery is gone at this point. It means your memory configurations and such are susceptible to corruption.
I would simply try fitting a new battery and shorting the 'reset' pins to make sure the motherboard has a chance to reconfigure itself.

This is a Core 2 era computer, so I'd imagine the CMOS battery is gone at this point. It means your memory configurations and such are susceptible to corruption.
I would simply try fitting a new battery and shorting the 'reset' pins to make sure the motherboard has a chance to reconfigure itself.

wow, didn't even considered changing battery...cheapest diagnostic tool. Thanks.

Back