• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PC Source purchase suggestions

Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
17
I am looking for a setup under $250, DAC + AMP separate or not, no preference, or a card.
The only outputs I require are:
L&R RCA outs to powered monitors.
1/4" TRS for Headphone

I was about to buy an ASUS Xonar essence STX, but just figured I would ask around for any obviously superior options before I purchase.
PCIE/Coax/Optical/USB are all valid inputs.
 
What is your speaker and what is your headphone?

It is probably best to buy a soundcard with that budget. The Essence is a solid card. Can't go wrong with it. I believe Asus cards are generally of a warmer tonal color, but it should still have good details. Other options are the HT Omega line and Auzentech (although I find HT Omega is better than Auzentech in music reproduction, but that is a subjective and not really side by side comparison).
 
Currently there are a pair of Sennheiser HD280s .. Denon AH2000 - I'm all about blocking out noise.
Occasionally.. whatever someone may bring around for me to check out.

then the monitors are a set of samson resolv 65a w/ a resolv 120a sub.
 
I think the Essence should be fine if it fits your needs. If since the Samson pair are studio monitors, they could do with some warmth, I think.

The headphones you pointed out don't need amplification very much.
 
Back
Top