PC reboots by itself at least once a day

I have a P4 2.4C on a IC7-G MB. The only thing I have changed lately is adding 2 more
512MB sticks of Corsair VS Ram I got for Christmas. I have 2 hard drives,1 pata,1 sata, . I have 2 Optical drives , 1 DVD reader Toshiba, 1 DVDrw Liteon. I amrunning a thermaltake
Silentpurepower 480W PS. I have a SB Live sound card & a Ati9800pro Vid card.Three case fans 80mm. two in and one out in back. I am not doing anything in particular when pc decides to reboot. I have a UPS . Can any one give me any ideas ? The Ram is all exactly the same for all 4 sticks . Please Help this is driving me &^$(*&*^%^%&^.

ThanksHootchSlayer :confused:

check the RAM with memtest?

also is auto restart disabled? could be bsod ><

I have already reformatted the hard drive and reloaded winxp pro sp2
I also forgot to mention I had it clocked to 3 gig. The ram and agp were locked at normal.
I tried boosting the ram vltge a little. It still reboots. I just set al speeds to default in bios.
Thanks for any help.

Guessing too high an overclock. Possible heat issues if you're running the stock HSF.
Live with the reboots or clock it back down. Possibly upgrade your processor HSF. Personally, I'd try reseating the processor and reapply thermal compound as well.

Best of Luck,
-Evan-

I have it back at 2.4 now. My cpu cooler is a Tthermaltake Spark7+. I have a Hardware monitor running and the temps never get past 50C. If it keeps this up I am going to use your suggestion of reseating the cooler. Thanks again for the help :rolleyes:

Back