• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PC reboots after shut down

chyde

n00b
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
26
For a couple weeks now it keeps restarting about 5s after i shut it down. I checked my SSD for errors, nothing came up. I checked my RAM one at a time with no issues. In the system recovery i unchecked the box to automatically restart and i dont see any errors popping up during shut down or start up. I have a Maximus IV Gene Z motherboard. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.
 
so the computer is off for 5 seconds then turns on without pressing the power button?

i'd try a bios update 1st
 
Yes, everything powers down all the lights go out and them it starts put again. I just updated the bios but nothing changed. :(
 
Back
Top