PC Probe says i have a power fan problem?

pooMonger

n00b
So I just built my new computer a week ago, and everything was gravy, like smooth gravy. Quake 4 played ridiculously, with such smooth frame rates. Yesterday, my computer randomly shut down, and i'm guessing that it was to prevent the comp from overheating. After looking at the PC Probe that came with the ASUS update, it started beeping and i saw this:

What is the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

was this right after your boot? if so, it could be that the fan is just starting up again, and will take a while to get back up to regular speed.

no sirree, it's 700+ rpm constant. What is the speed that i am supposed to be getting? Is this something that is extremely detrimental towards my computer?

what fan did you plug into your POWER Fan connector? that's pretty low for any fan though.

I installed the stock fans that came with the case, which are nice and orange. Well the comp hasn't restarted on me in the past two days, so hopefully this isn't a big deal.

Could be just that you fan runs at a low speed and you have the alarms set too high.
the fan in my PSU vary's anywhere from 980-720 RPM since it's a single large 120mm and the case stays very cool the fan doesn't have to work so hard.

Back